Souness

I’m approaching 70 and I like me I doubt Souness would appreciate being corrected on a statement he’s made time and time again over the years
I have to ask. It's driving me crazy for some reason. Normally a number in your name would be dob or age. Clearly 73 is neither. So what is the 73 about? No need to answer. I don't even know why I need to know.......

I have to ask. It's driving me crazy for some reason. Normally a number in your name would be dob or age. Clearly 73 is neither. So what is the 73 about? No need to answer. I don't even know why I need to know.......
It’s the year I started getting on the Ribble Bus to Mcr for the Match -that’s were I came up with it!!

Has he been sacked yet, or what?
I’m not commenting on whether he should be or not, only that as a 69 year old might Sky think that after this he’s had his day as a pundit for their organisation.
In general terms I like his punditry but this is the kind of on-air incident that could do for him a la Rodney Marsh and a number of other co-commentators and pundits who have been phased out over the years.

Context is everything. IMHO Souness has done nothing wrong.

It actually ends up trivialising those that are truly sexist by lumping everyone in the same boat.

Years ago I can remember watching a debate on gay rights on YouTube. On one side there were people you could term left wing and on the other right wing. Stephen Fry came on the stage and, to everyone’s surprise, sat with the right wingers. His reason was that he wanted to be treated no differently to anyone else, not a second class citizen and not someone special. He said that people were too easily offended these days and is was keeping people apart by polarising every issue.

Never argue with Stephen Fry. You will always lose.

I feel really sorry for Souness here, it's blatantly obvious he's not having a dig at the women's football just happy to see a rare game being allowed to flow.

Disappointing to see people so quick to take to social media, maybe if they new a bit more about Souness they'd know what he was getting at. To be honest I think everyone knew what he was getting at but just couldn't let the opportunity go to be the ones to call him on it and have there name in the spotlight for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.