Sour grapes by Reading fans

davymcfc said:
makes me laugh these reading fans. harping on about how naff we were and how amazing they played. this was a game that we completely dominated, won comfortably (although the score didnt really suggest it). reading didnt have any chances of note and our tired team had to do their best to get through a team that seemed just set to defend. love the fact that some of these reading fans criticize the attendance aswell. try looking at their attendances and compare. anyway we won and they didnt and thats all that matters.

Guys, if you're at all interested in avoiding coming across as arrogant big-4-style fans, you need to understand the context of remarks like "we deserved a draw."

We've sold just about any player of Premiership quality we've had since relegation, recouping over £20m (many many times our outlay), of which very little has gone back into buying replacements. On Sunday our back 4 consisted of our 5th choice centre-back, our 4th choice left-back, and our second choice keeper. Obviously nobody is suggesting that City failed to dominate the game. A quick look at posession and attempts on target stats will tell you that. What has been said is that the defensive players particularly played well above their level, especially given that it was only McCarthy's 6th game for us, Karacan's first at right-back, and Gunnarsson has hardly played this season and was out of position. To stop City scoring from open play was a hell of an achievement, and would have been even with our first choice side. You can easily say that that level of performance meant the players deserved another tie against City without meaning that it was an equal game. Clearly we hardly looked like scoring and pretty much totally failed to test Hart, which was a small disappointment on an otherwise good day for us (because at our best going forward we might have been able to cause just a few more problems).

If you think you're going to play a side assembled for less than £3m and not hear comments about the massive disparity in spending power between the two clubs, you must be mad. That's just the price you pay for the players you get to watch and being in contention for trophies.

Congrats on the FA Semi, and on a generally generous attitude towards the smaller club.

RobRoyal said:
davymcfc said:
makes me laugh these reading fans. harping on about how naff we were and how amazing they played. this was a game that we completely dominated, won comfortably (although the score didnt really suggest it). reading didnt have any chances of note and our tired team had to do their best to get through a team that seemed just set to defend. love the fact that some of these reading fans criticize the attendance aswell. try looking at their attendances and compare. anyway we won and they didnt and thats all that matters.

Guys, if you're at all interested in avoiding coming across as arrogant big-4-style fans, you need to understand the context of remarks like "we deserved a draw."

We've sold just about any player of Premiership quality we've had since relegation, recouping over £20m (many many times our outlay), of which very little has gone back into buying replacements. On Sunday our back 4 consisted of our 5th choice centre-back, our 4th choice left-back, and our second choice keeper. Obviously nobody is suggesting that City failed to dominate the game. A quick look at posession and attempts on target stats will tell you that. What has been said is that the defensive players particularly played well above their level, especially given that it was only McCarthy's 6th game for us, Karacan's first at right-back, and Gunnarsson has hardly played this season and was out of position. To stop City scoring from open play was a hell of an achievement, and would have been even with our first choice side. You can easily say that that level of performance meant the players deserved another tie against City without meaning that it was an equal game. Clearly we hardly looked like scoring and pretty much totally failed to test Hart, which was a small disappointment on an otherwise good day for us (because at our best going forward we might have been able to cause just a few more problems).

If you think you're going to play a side assembled for less than £3m and not hear comments about the massive disparity in spending power between the two clubs, you must be mad. That's just the price you pay for the players you get to watch and being in contention for trophies.

Congrats on the FA Semi, and on a generally generous attitude towards the smaller club.
its fans like you that do understand the game that are worth talking to. however there are fans on your forum that seemed to have nothing good to say about city. if i was to be honest i would say reading did very well to come to eastlands and stay disciplined. heroic defending and goalkeeping made it difficult for us to break through and a lot of the time we find it hard to break teams down that are just set on defending. if you look at our results where we have slipped up at home, it is the so called "lesser" teams that have cost us points by coming to eastlands and putting the team behind the ball. i do think we did deserve to win the other day and i also think we would have scored more if we were in better form. as for the fans on the forum that mentioned that our fans are becoming arrogant and not filling the stadium. i think you will find that most of the fans we have are still from the days where we playing you lot in division 2. obviously the expectations are higher and with the scum down the road constantly winning trophies it can be difficult to stay patient. remember we are the true loyal fans of manchester so it shouldnt be us that the reading fans slag off. anyway you look like a well organised team so im sure you will make a good push for the playoffs. good luck for the rest of the season.

Leicester_royal said:
Congratulations guys,

Thought you just about deserved it, although we almost held on for the draw. We certainly didn't create enough to deserve to win it.
Totally agreed that your man of the match was NDJ and thought ours was our keeper.

Superb stadium and thought your Poznan was very impressive. Great bunch of fans, got up there 3 hours early so shared in a few jars and banter before the game.

Must admit, I was expecting a bit more from your players. If we had to get beat I would have liked to have seen the best of some of the top players but don't think we saw that today. Tevez played very deep today and was often found just in front of the back four, is that a normal game for him? Silva looked a very busy player, impressed with him.

All in all a superb day out, great stadium, great fans, great atmosphere, wrong result. ;-)

Very best of luck in the semi, hope you go on to lift the cup.

but i thought we were well know for being dicks?? haha :O)

RobRoyal said:
davymcfc said:

if the defensive players played so fookin well they would not have allowed City so many shots at goal - the lack of open plays goals said more about our piss poor finishing - Tevez had a mare than your defenders being outstanding

Yes we expect the shit about how much we spend and that i s water off a ducks back to most of us - but the utter fookin drivel on your site slaggin City fans off - how arrogant we are etc i find fookin wankerish to be honest - i was one of the silly twats that offered my hand wished you lot good luck and genuionly felt your fans were decent never again - fook off is probably as much as you lot would get out of me - oh and like Manchester has its shit bits so does Reading -

Fuzzmaster101 said:
I have to say I thought the Reading fans were about the quietest I've ever heard at City (Either COMS or Maine Road). I was in 104 today and could barely hear a whisper from them all game.

THIS!!!

citygal1 said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
I have to say I thought the Reading fans were about the quietest I've ever heard at City (Either COMS or Maine Road). I was in 104 today and could barely hear a whisper from them all game.

THIS!!!

was in 212 and thought they were REALLY quiet all game save a brief cheer when they won a corner or throw-in, very disappointed with them.

Also read somewhere they criticised us for not giving them more tickets, blame YOUR fucking ticket office, not us you dickheads, you get asked how many you want.

Leicester_royal said:
Congratulations guys,

Thought you just about deserved it, although we almost held on for the draw. We certainly didn't create enough to deserve to win it.
Totally agreed that your man of the match was NDJ and thought ours was our keeper.

Superb stadium and thought your Poznan was very impressive. Great bunch of fans, got up there 3 hours early so shared in a few jars and banter before the game.Must admit, I was expecting a bit more from your players. If we had to get beat I would have liked to have seen the best of some of the top players but don't think we saw that today. Tevez played very deep today and was often found just in front of the back four, is that a normal game for him? Silva looked a very busy player, impressed with him.

All in all a superb day out, great stadium, great fans, great atmosphere, wrong result. ;-)

Very best of luck in the semi, hope you go on to lift the cup.
Thats the beauty of away games, getting the chance to meet and drink with other fans.

Bilboblue said:
citygal1 said:

was in 212 and thought they were REALLY quiet all game save a brief cheer when they won a corner or throw-in, very disappointed with them.

Also read somewhere they criticised us for not giving them more tickets, blame YOUR fucking ticket office, not us you dickheads, you get asked how many you want.

Forgot they were there for most of the game, I was in the north stand and although i have only been in there a few times (usually in cbl3) it was the loudest iv heard it in there. the posnan going all the way round the ground was wicked!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.