"South Stand, South Stand, Give Us A Song!"

philiph20 said:
The flags and banners are terrific, shame there aren't more. I'm afraid the sterile premier league 'experience' doesn't encourage flags, banners, pyrotechnics etc unlike the rest of Europe, our stadiums really are missing out.

TBH we do quite well when it comes to flags and banners compared to all the other PL stadiums. The 3rd tier is full of large banners, and the second tier is littered with smaller flags. TBF the club have supported the fans whishing to hang banners and flags.

Credit where credit is due the Blue Alliance do alright wish it was a similar sight to Italian and German grounds though.

philiph20 said:
Credit where credit is due the Blue Alliance do alright wish it was a similar sight to Italian and German grounds though.

was great against the rags and qpr final game, good effort blue alliance...

lets see more of it unlike most clubs and true the PL dont seem to encourage it. Sneaking smoke bombs in was good... i do my bit in lower SS, lets organise more please...

trevorriley said:
philiph20 said:

was great against the rags and qpr final game, good effort blue alliance...

lets see more of it unlike most clubs and true the PL dont seem to encourage it. Sneaking smoke bombs in was good... i do my bit in lower SS, lets organise more please...

2 quick questions:

1. Best place to get blue smoke bombs? Will look so good for a european night match.
2. Worst that can happen should I get caught? :)

jrb said:
philiph20 said:
The flags and banners are terrific, shame there aren't more. I'm afraid the sterile premier league 'experience' doesn't encourage flags, banners, pyrotechnics etc unlike the rest of Europe, our stadiums really are missing out.

TBH we do quite well when it comes to flags and banners compared to all the other PL stadiums. The 3rd tier is full of large banners, and the second tier is littered with smaller flags. TBF the club have supported the fans whishing to hang banners and flags.

The 'We're not really here' one is gash though.

The South Stand is really going to have to work to make some noise on Wednesday. The Dortmund fans will be making a big atmosphere.

SS haven't been up to par this season but when they do decide to sing it would help if they stopped trying to have a singing competition with the Kippax. It's not the X-Factor boys...

Everyone in unison would be good for once. I've moved from 109 to 212 for Wednesday, so hopefully their up for it as well.

some of the blue alliance lads will be on at city square before the game, there's a mini display v dortmund but bigger better stuff later in the season ie madrid (h) utd (h) when cash flow means we can do what we really want to do ie new surfer flags and actually something lined up with the club that will hopefully reach out to both the south stand and the singing section watch this space)

people put up pictures of what dortmund fans do and what they do in europe but we got the club to do a card display for villarreal and people just ended up lobbing the cards onto the pitch so we are limited about what we can do though now

we've hired a recording studio after the weekend and cd and hopefuly mobile downloads will be out with old and new songs for fans to take with them into the ground, so that when they hear singers singing them ,they can carry it on. it will also be played in mary ds in the new year

in the south stand the main singers are 117 slightly away from the away fans, in the singing section 111 they are right next to them. also south stand is a mixture of singers and people who just enjoy going to the game, so part of our battle in the ss is getting everyone to sing all of the time

as mentioned the noise does not travel well. the players the press, mancini etc all acknowledge noise from south stand , colin bell side of the ground thats what you hear, if you're on the other side all you hear is the singing section

the singing section are a singing section so if that's what you do, then great, you're a singing section, you are supposed to sing aren't you ? but stop having a pop at the south stand, we make a good racket, it's just that the singers are spread out over a number of blocks, and in pockets at the back and at the front

the lower bit of south stand ie lower bit of 116 can pick up the singing section and carries out some of their songs, the upper bit of ss, 117 118 etc sing their own, we often have 2 different chants running at the same time

club ballsed it when when we moved ground. the singers were at the back of the old north stand maine rd, blocks p and r which got moved to the upper tier of south stand, the roof is too high there, the noise doesn't travel, the only bit where the noise can travel is the lower tier of ss. the singing section on a corner bit means more areas of the ground can hear them because the ground is a bowl, it's a good place to put a singing section

but when on song south stand is on song they are brilliant and the catalyst for the whole ground

blue alliance didnt move the away fans that time, that was the club and we were 50-50 within the organisation on it. i was for moving the aways and having 1 end. millwall at home in the promotion year when there was no away fans in the ground at all, the whole ground sang for 90 minutes. it's bullshit to say you need away fans near you to sing a song, it's an excuse

we'll do some research amongst our members and see who is where in the ground, a lot of the stuff we have been doing has been 116-118 but maybe we can do some stuff in other parts of the ground too, we want the whole ground to sing not just one part and it's time people stopped saying "we're better than you" and just got on with trying to help us raise the atmosphere

blue alliance are in their 4th year and has a good infrastructure internally now. some of them wilo be chopping up paper all day today and tomorrow -a thankless task to put on a display, as time goes on , as we get more money we'll be able to do a lot more on an even more professional scale

we're not an ultras group - we're just City fans - and if anyone wants to join and chip in with money or with general expertise come to our meetings, it's an open door and the people with good ideas always move up through the ranks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.