Southampton (A) - Post Match Thread

Foden was much better second half but it’s so hard to watch him on their goal. Really paid the price for a moment of laziness

Debatable penalty but looks like its on the line.

Not sure what constitutes a reckless and dangerous tackle anymore. Extra points for the Sky commentators deciding that he "grazed" laportes leg.

Poor in the first half. Cancelo, Sterling, Rodri all very poor. Grealish good.

Better 2nd half, wish Pep would add fresh legs more often in the last 10 mins.

Decent point away from home overall.

VAR is always garbage, regardless of the decisions made.

I thought we played well but going down 1-0 put us under a lot of pressure. 2nd half for about 20 minutes we were exceptional. KDB getting back to his best.
Yes, the VAR checks seemed to takeaway the momentum, we’d probably have won without the checks.

I'll be honest here I was very disappointed in Southampton - they didn't play at all, scored a great goal yes but all their play afterwards was just hoofing it up. I thought they would be better. Ref was terrible - I was more angry that Bedanek didn't get a red for that late tackle on Jack - he contacted his shin 6 inches above his foot - nasty that. Time wasting from that lump of a keeper began after 5 mins and was ignored all game.

For us I thought we played fab in the second half. Little bit complacent in the first. Cancelo looked a bit hesitant and Raheem had a really poor game, the undercut pass that led to the break for their goal summed up his performance but fortunately it doesn't happen too often these days. Everyone else played well. Overall glad we didn't lose - just don't get me started on VAR which is turning into a complete waste of time and money.

This season was made for a Delap break through, a couple of games here and there then ease him slowly into the team as we don't have another full on striker problem is - he's always injured.

Half didn't expect us to score, so in that sense pleased with anything. Paid the price for a poor start.

But can anyone explain to me how var declares it's a foul outside the box, when it's on the line? Compare and contrast the time taken today with any city var decision and United's winner.

That challenge by Armstrong was a clear red, no mistake he was hooked off straight after. Bizzare. Gives Liverpool false hope, which will be funny at least.

Poor first half, started like we thought the win was coming. Sterling poor pass led to their goal, followed by a bit of laziness from Foden. Second half much better effort but no one played well for 90+ mins. Ref and VAR poor. Think we should have had a penalty and if one of our players made the foul Armstrong did it would have been red, or as my son said if it was Xaka it would have been red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.