Southampton (A) - Sat 8th April, 17:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The key point v Real last season was at home when we had got into a hard fought 3-1 lead and daylight with Phil’s goal and a minute later Vinicius destroyed our right flank and it’s 3-2. With Walker I doubt that would have happened and Bayern are clearly good enough to do the same. That’s the worry for me.
But anyway, let’s hope we win today first of all
Every single goal madrid scored came from our mistakes, Vinicius didnt do anything special, Fernandinho got spun and Laporte froze.

Walker could replace Akanji as RCB but it looks like off the field issues and behaviour in training has kept him out.
Bayern biggest threat comes from wide, Coman and Sane so he could come back in.

Huge game tonight and one we can't take lightly after the league cup debacle.

With Foden out it doesn't leave room for much rotation with Mahrez and Grealish. Suspect Bernardo will replace either Mahrez or Gundogan, as I'm sure Pep will start them both against Bayern. I can see Pep setting up in a similar system to Bournemouth, but with a few changes in personnel, maybe something like this:

Ederson

Akanji
Dias
Laporte

Lewis
Rodri

Grealish
KDB
Alvarez
Bernardo

Haaland

Hopefully do the damage early on and not have to play Rodri, KDB and Haaland for the full game.

bottom of the league with Bayern on Tuesday. probably the last game you can rest players this season.

I’d rest Stones, Gundog. Maybe even give Dias and Ake a break as well. I’d like to rest Rodri and Grealish but we just cant trust Philips and dont have anyone else fit.

Walker, Akanji, Laporte

Lewis Rodri

Mahrez, Alvarez, KDB, Grealish

Haaland
I think we need to go strong today and rotate againts Leicester next weekend. Southampton away are a tougher opposition, they will put 10 men behind the ball and camp. City will walk through Leicester at the Etihad.

We win today and the pressure is on Arsenal, they will lose at Anfield.

Ederson
Stones
Akanji
Dias
Ake
Rodri
Gundogan
Kdb
Mahrez
Grealish
Haaland

This will not be an easy game and we need to be clinical in front of goal but we should have enough to finish them off . I’d take a 1-0

I’m not sure the media is as hostile to Pep as you believe. The majority of the media would agree, in my view, he was a great manager before coming to City because of his achievements at Bayern and Barcelona.
Naive as fuck , the knives were out the second it was announced that he was coming to us and not the rags , dont speak of things you dont understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.