Southampton (A) - Sat 8th April, 17:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m seeing my arse over this game to be honest. They always seem to raise their game for us and it’s got ugly 1-1 written all over it, where they have one shot that goes in and we have 50 that don’t and do nothing with 80% possession. You all know the drill.

…but I’m a funny bugger, I was 100% convinced we’d batter the scouse scum but I’m nervous as fuck over Southampton.

To be in with a shot of the title we need to win every game. We can’t drop a single point IMO. One draw and it’s over I reckon.

Happy we lost there during our last visit. We seem to like revenge.
Strongest 11 out. All of them are fit enough to play 2 games per week for 2 months. Honestly if we wanna stay in all competitions as long as possible to try and win it, this is not the time to rest players for the sake of it. Rotate when starting the best 11 Pep think can win the game.

I’m not sure the media is as hostile to Pep as you believe. The majority of the media would agree, in my view, he was a great manager before coming to City because of his achievements at Bayern and Barcelona.
The media aren’t particularly hostile to Pep but Kaz is right, they’d been buttering him up for years about going to United, and they were and are devastated that he came to us.

They’re more dismissive towards Pep and his achievements and what he’s done while here than they are hostile. He and City have not had the praise he and we deserve in the media for what Pep has achieved at City. It’s all very much played down and everyone else is bigged up to the max.

Neville saying that Liverpool are the best team he’s ever seen in the Prem when City have won four titles in five years in the time he’s claimed this about Liverpool and in two of those seasons Liverpool finished 25 points behind us in 4th and another season only just sneaked it onto top four on the final day of the season and finished 17 points behind us, whilst the lowest City finished was 2nd, once.

Wrighty (who I have a lot of time for) even said that if it wasn’t for Liverpool we’d have won five in a row and football is lucky that Liverpool are around. When in reality the line should be, if it wasn’t for City, United and Liverpool would have won three further titles each… it’s City who have been saving football from Redshirts winning stuff yet the play it like them trying to stop us is what’s good for footy.

Happy we lost there during our last visit. We seem to like revenge.
Strongest 11 out. All of them are fit enough to play 2 games per week for 2 months. Honestly if we wanna stay in all competitions as long as possible to try and win it, this is not the time to rest players for the sake of it. Rotate when starting the best 11 Pep think can win the game.
Everyone has had a rest this week, with no game midweek. Nobody needs further rest today other than Haaland.

We will give rests to players against SheffUtd between the Bayern and Arsenal as we will have played every midweek and weekend for a few weeks by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.