Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Considering the preparation for this game the last few days, has all been about Pep and his comments.

We actually did well not losing this today. The Team looked strangely off all afternoon.

I was convinced they were going to score an injury time winner.

I am starting to wonder if Pep and his mood swings does affect some of our players and their performances.

On to the next game.

Hopefully the build up can all be exclusively football related

Did anyone actually listen to or read Pep's comments?

He literally said the team were exhausted. He said this was going to be a very difficult game because of the high intensity of both Marsch and Hassenhuttl.

He knew this was going to happen, which is why he appealed to the crowd.

None of this is conjecture, the man literally spelled it out but people would rather talk about imagined insults instead of what he actually said.

And then after the game, after he said the team were exhausted, you're questioning why the team looked tired! You couldn't make it up FFS.

It’s games like this that cost you titles. The lack of a single recognised striker is felt in these kind of games. It won’t be the last time that we struggle to score. It’s the job of the senior management and recruitment to provide the tools necessary for a successful season. On this they failed and it’s going to be exceedingly difficult to make up for it over the length of an entire season.

With regards to the performance, it was pretty poor on the whole. First half was okay. We created a few opportunities but lacked any presence or threat in the box. Second half was very disappointing. We only really came alive in the last 5 minutes when we sensed that Southampton were spent. Sterling wasn’t involved in the game at all and should have been hooked at half time. Jesus and Gundogan were also very poor.

We struggled to build out from the back. This is probably because we were missing both Rodri and Stones. The fullbacks were very sloppy in possession and could have cost us the game once or twice. Nevertheless, I think we generally defended quite well. The result was a fair reflection of the game in the end.

Exactly the result we didn't need. We have Chelsea and Liverpool away next in the league. Could be a few weeks before our next league win.....
on recent performnces both those will run all over us....they have far more energy in their side, pace, aggressiveness and will score goals as they have finishers

End of the day what do we really expect to happen . We didn’t buy a fucking striker striker even though everyone on earth knew we needed one we have no left back no pace in midfield we will not win the title because at least 3 teams are on the same level and maybe above us . Not even pissed of as I don’t expect anything this year.
2 Seasons chasing Messi fucked us up in the striking department.

At least that Saga is finally over for good.

Hopefully we will get Haaland.

Pep told the players they were tired on Wednesday and boy did they buy into it.
If they were tired, keep it under wraps.
I'm beginning to cringe watching Sterling trying to bring a pass under control these days, but hey he wasn't on his own today.
This, wish he would stop bigging up the opposition before games and giving the players an excuse, tiredness before the game. If i was Southampton manager i would be telling my players ohh boo hoo those expensive players are tired, poor little sods and getting my team up for it.

Sterling is like playing with 10, poor form does not last almost 2 seasons. Offers nothing to us anymore but its our woeful finishing and poor transfer windows to blame. Not addressed the lack of pace and energy in the team, esp through the middle. Its like the game as evolved and those teams with pace and energy run rings past our slow and sluggish yet technical players

Why didn't we see two lines on the offside decision? The fact that it took so long has me suspicious about that call and I thought Foden had the last touch anyway.

At least they didn't give the penalty that never was and a red card. Thank fuck they advise them to check the monitors this season.

No penetration into the box.

Is Jesus and Grealish throughpassing from left and right our only strategy now?
No I can't because he's injured till November. Get over him ffs he's gone and won't be back playing professional football for us again.
Alluding to the gameplan that we need a striker who can penetrate into the box. Aguero, Tevez like players.

Our strategy now is Jesus and Grealish throughpassing from left and right into the box hoping someone else would tap it in or do a worldie strike from outside the box

We played 90 minutes. Zero shots on target. Aguero would have at least penetrated into the box. Or Tevez. Or Anelka.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.