Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

This, wish he would stop bigging up the opposition before games and giving the players an excuse, tiredness before the game. If i was Southampton manager i would be telling my players ohh boo hoo those expensive players are tired, poor little sods and getting my team up for it.

Sterling is like playing with 10, poor form does not last almost 2 seasons. Offers nothing to us anymore but its our woeful finishing and poor transfer windows to blame. Not addressed the lack of pace and energy in the team, esp through the middle. Its like the game as evolved and those teams with pace and energy run rings past our slow and sluggish yet technical players
I thought you weren't supposed to feel tired when you're winning games (heard this many times in the past).
And i get the distinct feeling Pep left Sterling on for the full 90 mins cos he scored an injury time winner vs the Saints almost 4 fucking years ago!

Txiki Begiristain should start focusing on fixing the issues in the squad rather than spending money on position we did not really need to sign anyone.

It isn't all on just him, there are a number of people involved in transfers.

However your point remains that glaring weaknesses in the squad at Striker, DM and LB have been neglected again.

I blame Rodri, too slow...

Very poor in midfield today, couldn't string 5 passes. Build-up play was far below our standards. Very, very poor. Guess Pep kind of expected a poor performance. Was it because of tiredness or the confronation between Pep and some fans influenced the team mentally? Or both? Don't know why, but we created very, very little all game, probably because we couldn't keep the ball and play our game. We started to resemble a decent team only in added time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.