Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

I will say it again and again. There are players who play great in 3-0 or 5-0, and then, there are top players who always show up in games that are difficult. I am not saying we don't need the Jesus, Silva, Cancelo, even Gundogan...they make our squad great, but I am just shocked when people think we are a stronger team without KDB. Every time we have a tough match is the same: KDB, Foden and Dias play above their teammates. There is something very positive about this match: I think Grealish is of the same quality as our wolrd-class trio.When the 4 of them are healthy, we are gonna be so good.

Any tough match: Walker, Dias, Stones, Rodri, KDB, Grealish, Foden and no Sterling, and I think we can win all the titles.

Pep and the player not at their best.

Gundogan with a disaster-class for 90 min but Cole Palmer on the bench?

If Rodri is injured long-term, we're in BIG trouble. Dinho showed every bit of his age today.
Youd have brought palmer on ahead of kev foden and mahrez?

We beat lampards Chelsea not tuchels . We fucked up big time in the summer and there’s nothing we can about it . Our recruiting guy wants to be ashamed of himself tbh
i wouldnt write this team off just yet , we are quite capable of beating both Tuchel and Klippety , we need Stones or Laporte back , Rodri in midfield and Foden & KDB to also start , and see where that takes us.

Poorest passing display in some time. Players just didn’t seem to know where each other were.

Started looking like an attacking City team with Foden, Mahrez and KDB on the field with 20 mins left.

Jesus, Ferna, and Cancelo had trouble finding a pass all game.

Soton did a very good job of defending in packs and cutting off the passing lanes, so I don’t want to place all the blame on City. Soton came with a game plan and executed it.

Had that non-penalty and non-red card been against City, we would all be screaming blue murder. Atkinson did a good job of telling Moss to have a look if he thought Walker got ahead of the attacker. He got lucky. A softer VAR official would have gone with the Ref’s call, because it was FAR EASIER to do that.

Sadly, he also got Sterling’s offside call correct. Had he left it to Foden, we would have won.

I’m on record here as not being a big fan of Sterling’s technical ability. I think he displayed, and highlighted, my feelings for all to see.

He has no first touch, runs head down into blind alleys, and both he and Jesus are serial offenders when it comes to being offside when we have promising attacks.

I hope we have got that out of our system now.
Great summary

Did anyone actually listen to or read Pep's comments?

He literally said the team were exhausted. He said this was going to be a very difficult game because of the high intensity of both Marsch and Hassenhuttl.

He knew this was going to happen, which is why he appealed to the crowd.

None of this is conjecture, the man literally spelled it out but people would rather talk about imagined insults instead of what he actually said.

And then after the game, after he said the team were exhausted, you're questioning why the team looked tired! You couldn't make it up FFS.
Who buys this shit? Play Kev, Foden & Palmer from the start and take them off. They didn't look exhausted. (Palmer looked like he never even came on the pitch at the end! :)

he slows us down badly bringing the ball out, huge difference to Laporte./Stones, even more so when there is no midfield in front of him

Hes playing a few days after his dad died because the club needs him.

Even for you, choosing to attack him after this game - where we kept a clean sheet which is his primary job- is particularly scummy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.