Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

You never learn.

Not even a year ago you were telling everyone how Pep would never win anything again and the game had moved on from him
and Tuchel beat him 3 times and lifted the one he really wanted, whilst he pandered to Raz again. Still, Mr Whippy bailed him out for 15 games till he fiddled about with the team and we lost the Derby, lost the FA Cup and lost the CL by not sticking with what worked.

4 points from the next 2 games and we will still have had a very decent start to the season, and one we probably would have taken when we looked at the fixtures

i dont think either of them will beat us , Tuchel will play his normal tactics agianst us and play for a breakway goal , they are not high intensity and Klopp will be wary after the drubbing we gave them last season , he won't commit players forward and leave himself wide open to a counter attack. A couple of 0-0 draws on the horizon.
fair comments. but i cant see us having 3 x 0-0 draws on the bounce haha

Considering the preparation for this game the last few days, has all been about Pep and his comments.

We actually did well not losing this today. The Team looked strangely off all afternoon.

I was convinced they were going to score an injury time winner.

I am starting to wonder if Pep and his mood swings does affect some of our players and their performances.

On to the next game.

Hopefully the build up can all be exclusively football related
I think you're right regarding Pep's mood. A lot of transference there. Who knows if Ake's situation hasn't affected things as well . Side wasn't too different in line up from what gave us those huge wins at home recently and also v Leicester away. The team were down in the dumps from the off . Giving away possession a lot today . He does big Southampton up midweek and opposition listen to that what with media blaring out every single possible chink in our armour with Pep's comments . Everything is analysed these days. We have been talked out of a win today I feel. Even with injuries and Fern playing at 50%, ½good ½ bad , you can't accept a 1 shot on target scenario after 90 min. That's not acceptable. We have players to get shots on target at the very least! Yes we need a striker but that can't be helped now. So get done with that. Need to get back to what we did last season and find a away. Simple as that. He needs to get them round the for a chat like after the 1-1 draw v West Brom last season. Torres wasn't tried today . Maybe Delap? GOT TO find an answer Pep. Got to .

I think we have it in us but I also believe once you start trailing multiple good sides by more than 3 points it becomes difficult. I don’t see Dippers or Chelsea dropping many points outside games against the top 4. We have dropped 5 within a month. It Just makes life harder. Any more fuck ups like this in the next month or so and you’re nearing being out of the mix.

People keep referring to last year.. but that is nonsense. Every game was played like a training game behind closed doors with 5 subs.. once we collectively pulled our heads out of our arses around Christmas it benefited us and our style of play.
So we only won the league because there wasnt any supporters in the grounds ?

Like watching a re-run of the CL final that. Couldn’t cope with opponents operating an extremely aggressive, quick and organised press, which nailed us in possession again and again and again, and no line leading, powerful centre forward to go long to, to hold the ball up and give us a platform. Irrespective of that there were some tired performances out there today. Walker, Jesus, Gunders and Sterling were merely poor, whilst Fernandinho had arguably his worst ever game in a City shirt.
Until Kev and Foden came on we never looked like troubling them. Hard to see us winning anything this season with that discernible weakness unaddressed

i dont think either of them will beat us , Tuchel will play his normal tactics agianst us and play for a breakway goal , they are not high intensity and Klopp will be wary after the drubbing we gave them last season , he won't commit players forward and leave himself wide open to a counter attack. A couple of 0-0 draws on the horizon.
Id take both 0-0 right now. Then come at them when we hit stride in november.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.