Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

i wouldnt write this team off just yet , we are quite capable of beating both Tuchel and Klippety , we need Stones or Laporte back , Rodri in midfield and Foden & KDB to also start , and see where that takes us.

I think we have it in us but I also believe once you start trailing multiple good sides by more than 3 points it becomes difficult. I don’t see Dippers or Chelsea dropping many points outside games against the top 4. We have dropped 5 within a month. It Just makes life harder. Any more fuck ups like this in the next month or so and you’re nearing being out of the mix.

People keep referring to last year.. but that is nonsense. Every game was played like a training game behind closed doors with 5 subs.. once we collectively pulled our heads out of our arses around Christmas it benefited us and our style of play.

The team weren't at it, full of mistakes all game. The atmosphere never got going either(very quiet) but I'm not sure how much that would have helped.

Southampton were good for their point but they will be fucked for their next game, they threw everything into blocking every sight of goal City opened up. They were mostly resting on the ball but tried several raids forward with everything they had but their legs weren't up to it. Hence the powderpuff shots from the edge of the box and falling down with cramp after overexerting themselves. Such a stop start game because of Southamptons tactics(rhythm spoiling), hope that's not a sign of things to come with other teams.

I can see lots of overreactions, same every year.
Yet in 2 weeks we will probably lost 3 out of 1st 7 games

Well we got what we deserved and nothing more than a point. Some poor performances today and in reality some of those substitutions should have been made at half time. But we all know how stubborn Pep can be and at times he`s his own worst enemy.
Ah well at least a point is better than giving a penalty and Walker got away with his brain fart !!

Terrible watch
Passing was shocking
Looked a penalty for them as well.
Folk leaving early when var is making a decision as well.
Disgrace.

We couldnt get through their press. I lost count of how manyntime fernandinho gave it away. Ake is too slow to act and cant pick a pass
This is not it. We beat the press enough, and we didn't concede so none of this matters. The fact is our midfielders and central Raz had a terrible day at the office, as well as our full backs.

u
I hate to compare managers but Pep does some funny things sometimes. It doesn’t have to be 60 minutes before you make a bloody sub. It was clear that creativity was lacking sore.We could play on with the starting XI for four hours and nothing would change but he persisted till his preferred 60 minute mark. Klopp wouldn’t wait for 60 minutes before making the right call, that I know. I have not said anybody is worse or better but some decisions are downright aweful.
utter rubbish. Klopp doesnt make subs in the first half either only that idiot jose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.