Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Poor performance really.

You wouldn’t mind so much if Southampton played out of their skins but they didn’t, they were solid at best and thankfully poor up front.

our passing was awful, seemed to be second to every loose ball and way too passive.

maybe I’m being overly critical here considering the amount of goals we have scored, but I think in games like today, you might need a real number 9 who have some presence and cause problems in the box. The amount of times we put balls into the box and it was always comfortable for Southampton, it highlights what were missing at times.

the worry is that without that, teams might suss out that all our play is based around a similar form of attack. Then if they set up for only that, they have a good chance at nullifying us.

we’ll be ok, we have enough quality. I just think we’re becoming a bit obvious in our attacking play. When it works, it’s great to see but we don’t have much of a plan B.

Not a chance we're winning the league this year. On the evidence presented to me thus far; I'd bank on the Scousers to do it.

Feels like the squad needs a refresh in general. Sterling looks finished; whether that's a mental thing because of the contract talks is immaterial, he needs to pull his finger out sharpish. There's still time but I'd say it's blind optimism to expect Jesus and Torres to become 30+ a season players for us. And then there's the DM and left back positions which we cannot approach nonchalantly like we have the CB and striker positions these past seasons.

I've banged on about it plenty of times but not bringing in a center forward is going to cost us dearly. It's no use scoring gluts of goals against wet-paper defenses if you don't have the personnel to win games like this. We've brought in a player in Grealish who is wonderfully adept at creating space and chances in the area but not someone that can, you know, put the ball away consistently.

Lets hope we can take at least two points from our next two league games because if we don't, an unpleasant rot could set in.

Exactly the result we didn't need. We have Chelsea and Liverpool away next in the league. Could be a few weeks before our next league win.....
These are the games we want to win. A 6-points swing from each match against title contenders. But alas typical City vibes creeping in once more. We never make these games our cup finals. Hope this season we do.

I suppose it was a good point considering how rubbish we were. Hassendahl set up his team brilliantly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.