Southampton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola has confirmed Angelino's problem against Southampton was cramp, and will be fit this weekend.

Pep Guardiola: "Everybody is fit. Yesterday we trained two hours. I think the guys who are injured are still injured, the guys who are fit are fit."

tenor.gif
No such thing as a joke:)

Pep Guardiola on abuse players receive: "We have to respect our supporters. It is not easy for the players sometimes. I understand Xhaka, the emotions, the moment, I don’t know what’s going on. Maybe I’m not the right man to say, sometimes I can't control emotions...""It’s happened because sometimes you lose control. Hopefully the fans can forgive Xhaka and the player can show what an incredible player he is."

Pep Guardiola on @tommydoylemcfc: "It’s important to have a relation with local players, with our people, fans who are born here. It’s happened for the quality of the players, you have to deserve to be there. The problems we have and we know him from pre-season...""He played at a good level but he is still 17, 18 years old. His position is still the second team but it’s an incredible opportunity."

Pep Guardiola on pressure to play local players: "Pressure? No."

Pep Guardiola on youngsters in the Premier League: "Right now, Phil Foden, Eric Garcia is closer because everytime he plays it’s a high level and he doesn’t make mistakes. The other ones, they have to work and work and work."

Pep Guardiola on fixture overload: "How we play bigger squads? Less fixtures, less competitions, more recovery. We play 27 tmes in the winter time. Always we talk in UEFA meetings but nothing. I agree with Jurgen when he makes statements that it’s too much."

Pep Guardiola on Southampton: "They play different formations in the game. The last ten, 15 minutes they press high. The rest of the game the defend deep. The problems we have in the game, we defend deep. Maybe they change so I don’t know what is going to happen."

PEP I have learnt a lot (in the @premierleague). Before I wasn’t concerned about the long balls, the channels, defending the set-pieces. Here you have to spend a lot of time on that. I learn about my players, the quality they have and how you adapt to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.