Southampton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a feeling Angelino would start one of the next three as playing Mendy three times in a week is a bit risky at the moment. Thought he would've started against Atalanta rather than today but it's at home and we should have plenty of the ball so it's a pretty good game to throw him in.

Had a feeling Angelino would start one of the next three as playing Mendy three times in a week is a bit risky at the moment. Thought he would've started against Atalanta rather than today but it's at home and we should have plenty of the ball so it's a pretty good game to throw him in.
Good points — it is a very good team in general.

Strange to play David in this, though.

Good points — it is a very good team in general.

Strange to play David in this, though.
Think he'll rest him in midweek. I know what you mean though, it looked to be setup for Foden to come in with the CL suspension but I don't think Pep is willing to take the risk, if you see it as one, whilst we're six points behind.

I don t even know why he will play Mendy when Angelino IMO is a better player. Defensively neither is great, but Angelino is clearly a better footballer

Think he'll rest him in midweek. I know what you mean though, it looked to be setup for Foden to come in with the CL suspension but I don't think Pep is willing to take the risk, if you see it as one, whilst we're six points behind.
Which is a strange view for Pep to take, in my opinion, as Foden has shown he is in very good form, brings a drive and assuredness that we need for our system to work effectively, and David looks to be on the downward slope when it comes to base energy levels now, which means his minutes need to be managed more carefully in his final season with us.

I may be in the minority in this, but I actually think Phil has looked better than David as of late. Then again, even when David is below his very high standards he can still pop up with a beautiful goal or assist, as he has this season, so perhaps Pep just trusts that his inherent world class talent will come through, regardless of form or energy levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.