Southampton Post Match Thread

To the guy who stayed and gave me a nose bleed - nice one for staying :)

Shoddy passing all night played at too slow a tempo.
I think we can safely say that Aguero on the left wing and Gundogan instead of Silva doesn't work.
Bernardo coming on did the trick - even though they scored just after he came on. Took away a marker from KDB so he could threaten more and he increased the passing tempo. Both Silvas together were very impressive at the end and Raheems wonder goal was marvellous as was the celebration.
I have to say how the he'll there was there only 7 minutes of stoppage time in tgat game (2 mins in the 1st half and 5 at the end of the game). It should have been 20 mins+ all together.
One's daughter says Bertramd' s cross for their goal went out of play. Can anyone confirm This?

Anyway the good news is we're SAFE from relegation!
I was pretty sure that the ball went out, I said that right away while I was watching from work.

It was a horrible performance last night there was no doubting that, but we got the job done in the end.
In all the years since the takeover we were hardly ever winning that kind of game.
Now we have done it 3 times in a week!!
What a fucking team we have now and it’s only gonna get better!

It was a horrible performance last night there was no doubting that, but we got the job done in the end.
In all the years since the takeover we were hardly ever winning that kind of game.
Now we have done it 3 times in a week!!
What a fucking team we have now and it’s only gonna get better!

Sorry but how can 70+% possession and over 20+ shots on goal with their keeper winning the man of the match award for his heroics yet us still winning and scoring twice be classed as a horrible performance?

What do some of you expect?

I don't get why everyone is saying we were lousy, we were bad, worst performance!!! Yes we were Sloppy and tired. But the main reason is teams now are parking the bus against us and playing on the long counter. Even Long was most of the time playing as a defender! Also if everyone thinks we are going to be magical in every game then please go watch Barca in LA Liga. This is the Premier League and every team we play against is going to make it extremely difficult for us to play

I think winning the way we did in the last couple of games is the only way we can win against anti-football teams. And all those saying De Bryune misplaced so many passes, come on, the playing were completely closed down. He actually had some good shots on target and Forster saved them. And he is the one who gave the final assist to Sterling!!!

I mean I also saw Ferna give away many passes and Delph, and Kompany. But we also got the ball back very fast. I think we should accept that we are going to win ugly many games before some teams open up for us to play against them

West Ham lost 4-0 to Everton, I have a feeling they are going to make our game even more difficult than the Saints and Huddersfield game. Come on City!!!

Sorry but how can 70+% possession and over 20+ shots on goal with their keeper winning the man of the match award for his heroics yet us still winning and scoring twice be classed as a horrible performance?

Well said, it wasn't anywhere near a horrible performance, it just didn't reach the heights of the rest of the season.

I thought Southapton were excellent and I won't complain about their style or tactics. They deserved a point but thankfully we were able to find a way yet again. And not to state the obvious but we really missed the three S's last night but they can't all play every game.

I have just been catching up with all this comments about us playing bad/worst game/horrible performance/we didnt deserve the win.... Forster made 10 notable saves last night and it took a worldy to beat him in the end far to many seem to think we need to beat teams by 3 or 4 goals to say we had a good game.....

Incredible moment and felt like it might end up being a huge one in the context of the season. We aren't playing particularly well, were seconds away from trudging off the pitch dejected but ended up having what looked like a bit of a party as they walked off. Winning when you're not at your best is a great quality but hopefully that goal will kick us back to our best. I seem to have damaged my shoulder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.