Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Plaything of the gods said:
Unsung Halo said:
Afternoon City fans,

I am a Saints fan who was at the game yesterday and I would just like to let you all know, without giving it the spotlight of it's own thread, that you were terribly let down by a group of fellow 'City fans' after the match.

I go to Saints games on my own nowadays because I love my club and it is the situation I have found myself in. I always keep myself to myself, except in the stands to enjoy the football and nothing else, then return home 15 minutes walk from the stadium. However, I unfortunately returned home yesterday with a slightly bloody nose after being headbutted by one of your brainless so-called supporters who had decided it was I who had called him a 'fat b*st*rd', despite walking along minding my own business on the opposite side of the road. I noticed this group of morons a little further up the road since they were giving it the big one to police cycling past and walking in front of traffic. I could hear them shouting across the road but wanted nothing to do with it. Next thing I know I had this guy on my shoulder and swearing in my face so I plainly told him he had the wrong guy. He then headbutted me, turned and tripped on the kerb and fell through a road sign into the road. There were no police about at this point and had I retaliated I'm almost certain I'd have further been on the end of a real kicking from the rest of them so I quickly carried on with my way home to avoid more trouble while absolutely furious knowing they would get away with this. I'm still very angry about it today which is why I'm making this post. I know what a great club Manchester City is and I know Mancunian City fans so I respect what has gone on at the Etihad in recent years, despite your lack of English talent. I also share a hate for the red half of Manchester like many other football fans and it's great to be above them still. I would never tarnish a whole set of fans with the same brush and I'm sure virtually all of you will be ashamed of the actions from a blue few yesterday.

Thanks, good luck in your pursuit of the title.
Sorry to hear that. Appalling behaviour. Glad you're OK and haven't taken against all of us. You've got a great footballing side there and a great atmosphere in the stadium as well. All the best.

-- 09 Dec 2013, 11:21 --

Denis Law's Backheel said:
Just HAD to get the little "lack of English talent" jibe in though didn't he............................
It's true though, isn't it!

Yeah but why add it. Especially as he seems to be looking for sympathy.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Unsung Halo said:
Afternoon City fans,

I am a Saints fan who was at the game yesterday and I would just like to let you all know, without giving it the spotlight of it's own thread, that you were terribly let down by a group of fellow 'City fans' after the match.

I go to Saints games on my own nowadays because I love my club and it is the situation I have found myself in. I always keep myself to myself, except in the stands to enjoy the football and nothing else, then return home 15 minutes walk from the stadium. However, I unfortunately returned home yesterday with a slightly bloody nose after being headbutted by one of your brainless so-called supporters who had decided it was I who had called him a 'fat b*st*rd', despite walking along minding my own business on the opposite side of the road. I noticed this group of morons a little further up the road since they were giving it the big one to police cycling past and walking in front of traffic. I could hear them shouting across the road but wanted nothing to do with it. Next thing I know I had this guy on my shoulder and swearing in my face so I plainly told him he had the wrong guy. He then headbutted me, turned and tripped on the kerb and fell through a road sign into the road. There were no police about at this point and had I retaliated I'm almost certain I'd have further been on the end of a real kicking from the rest of them so I quickly carried on with my way home to avoid more trouble while absolutely furious knowing they would get away with this. I'm still very angry about it today which is why I'm making this post. I know what a great club Manchester City is and I know Mancunian City fans so I respect what has gone on at the Etihad in recent years, despite your lack of English talent. I also share a hate for the red half of Manchester like many other football fans and it's great to be above them still. I would never tarnish a whole set of fans with the same brush and I'm sure virtually all of you will be ashamed of the actions from a blue few yesterday.

Sorry to hear that. Appalling behaviour. Glad you're OK and haven't taken against all of us. You've got a great footballing side there and a great atmosphere in the stadium as well. All the best.

Just HAD to get the little "lack of English talent" jibe in though didn't he............................

It's an irrelevant cheap dig. All that matters are are the players any good.

Unsung Halo said:
Afternoon City fans,

Well that depends on what context you want to use it doesn't it?

English players who have played or still play for City who have come through our ranks or been purchased would have commanded a shitload of appearances if they were in the Saints side the last few years including Hart, Richards, Milner, Rodwell, Barton (I know!), Enouhou, Wright-Phillips, (Bradley Wright-Phillips indeed played plenty of games for them), Sturridge, Lescott, Barry etc etc etc.

So let's not diss our club in comparison to Southampton eh. We have enough twats out there already who are all too quick to do that!

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Unsung Halo said:
Afternoon City fans,

Precisely my thinking when I read his post. Was an odd decision to throw a dig in that he knew would grate.

I've been quietly rooting for Soton this year and love the fact they've got such a rich crop of homegrown talented kids coming through. But if their fans are getting a bit superior about it I may reconsider my feelings towards them.

Sorry to hear you were butted Unsung Halo. The knob who did it does not represent the vast majority of Blues and I'm glad you realise that.

For a so called tactical expert I believe "the engineer" made his first big mistake in the weekend. Bringing Garcia on and later bringing Dzeko on for Yaya. I think that was just shocking! Hopefully he can learn for these mistakes and somehow get points away from home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.