Southerners Who Support City

Im off to a place called Grants Hill (in Essex) tomorrow (Sat 21st) to visit some of the wifes relations may consider staying the night in the Holiday inn can any one tell me whats the place like and any good curry houses.. tar.

I live in south london (right near charlton and there s**t) My dads from manchester so as any good blue he wouldnt let me support any one else!! we both get to around 10 home games a year with our city cards and usually try to do all the london away games. I work Saturdays so ive seen more games this year with sunday kick offs oh and the 500 mile round trips to watch uefa cup game. For me i dont think it matters where u live just as long as you get to as many games as you can.

One thing that sticks in my mind from when i was younger was travelling up with my dad to que outside the ticket office at main road from 4 in the morning for playoff final tickets everyone in the que thought we were mad heads but we had a laugh waitin

Loads of people on this thread saying: 'I've been a blue since 1968'.

So basically you're no better than the plastic rags we always take the piss out of?

We have about 60 in our branch in Sussex. Nearly all are northerners or sons or daughters of northerners. The great thing is our kids are all blues despite their accents.

For me it started in 77 when my Step dad took me to main road for the first time and that was me hooked, since then I've spent 28 years in the Royal Navy (mostly based in Scotland)catching as many games when I can, and now I've a grandson (his first game was the AC Milan this season) the cycle begins again. Once a blue always a blue.

Loads of people on this thread saying: 'I've been a blue since 1968'.

So basically you're no better than the plastic rags we always take the piss out of?

I think the time you start supporting a team is pretty much down to your age. Although I can see your point ie we were winning things at that time, as per my post - so were a lot of other teams. In that particular era, I think those who could be considered "glory hunters" supported Leeds - they were the biggest team around. Just as in the later 70s, it became Liverpool and then ushited from the start of the 90s.

Nobody who as supported City over the past 40 years could seriously be considered a Glory Hunter despite the fact that for one fleeting period we too were one of the teams who enjoyed some success.

RNBlue said:
For me it started in 77 when my Step dad took me to main road for the first time and that was me hooked, since then I've spent 28 years in the Royal Navy (mostly based in Scotland)catching as many games when I can, and now I've a grandson (his first game was the AC Milan this season) the cycle begins again. Once a blue always a blue.
RAG

i wonder if anyone can answer me this..cockney blues..myth or actual fact..we know the rags have large following from the capital and most of us would have bumped into them on piccadilly station..but did city ever have their share..i remember away games when we seemed outnumbered and the cry of the cockney blues have just pulled into the station 100's of them..never actually saw em myself..

bluezi said:
Im off to a place called Grants Hill (in Essex) tomorrow (Sat 21st) to visit some of the wifes relations may consider staying the night in the Holiday inn can any one tell me whats the place like and any good curry houses.. tar.

Think you mean Gants Hill. Its the posh bit of Ilford. People get sniffy about Ilford but I liked the area when I lived in Seven Kings. Getting burgled twice was a bit of a bummer but shit happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.