Southerners Who Support City

Bunk

I just wondered what the general consensus is amongst hardened Northern Blues about Southerners who support City? I happen to be a Southern Blue myself, although I did live in Manchester for 10 years from about the age of 18, and I am in a very, very small minority as most undecided Southerners choose the rags. I only ask because I know for a fact that a lot of the Northern rag fans hate the fact that they have so many Southerners supporting the club. Even their players (Roy Keane) used to rant about it too.

Most southern City fans have a Manchester connection anyway - the southern rag fans you are talking about are mostly glory hunters who chose united because they were winning things and had never been to Manchester before.

You can't really accuse the current southern City fans of being glory hunters can you? its the ones that may well jump on board after Istanbull (lol) in May that I will object to.

Its the Irish City fans I object to........only joking Sdavros

Citytillidie69 said:
Most southern City fans have a Manchester connection anyway - the southern rag fans you are talking about are mostly glory hunters who chose united because they were winning things and had never been to Manchester before.

You can't really accuse the current southern City fans of being glory hunters can you? its the ones that may well jump on board after Istanbull (lol) in May that I will object to.

Its the Irish City fans I object to........only joking Sdavros

good one. i would have went off on one if you didn't put in the joking part. :)

I`ve always believed you should support your local team, unless your family are from the area and you`ve moved away for whatever the reason, but i could never understand anyone supporting a team 1OO`s of miles away from their home town.
You usually find they`re glory hunters following the top 4.
But why City?
I know we`ve got supporters clubs in pockets around the country and are particulary strong in places like cheltenham & rugby and i have never known how that following originated??

Nothing wrong with you, can't have picked us for the flowing football or the trophies. Must have some connection.

I am a southern blue and me , the wife and daughter are season card holders , have supported city all my life over 40 years now . We have no family connections with manchester but we can hardly be called glory hunters .

Im a southerner who supports City , have done for 27years now, which is strange in my case as my mum is a fulham fan and my dad,brothers & sister are all chelsea season ticket holders , i literally chose man city for no specific reason , i just one day decided to support them , since that day i have never looked back, i really dont see how it matters where you are from , you support who you support ,in the ideal world yeah they would be my local club but they are not and i cant just support a team because of the geography involved . i love city . simple as that . Driving hundreds of miles increases the excitment for me !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.