Gareth Southgate

Potter is an overrated manager. You wouldn't like his style. We might keep the ball but we would do not with it. His Brighton team couldn't score for shit.
Fair point on Potter, I always assumed Brighton were free scoring under him, but having checked they were more so under DeZerbi with the same style of play.

I would love Bobby Manc to do it but I think he’s probably currently getting paid in swimming pools full of gold bullion.
My choice. He knows how to get a tune out of a squad of players and he can make the big decisions in the key moments (Euro 20 final). He won’t stay long (be lucky to get 2 tournaments out of him) but he will break our trophy drought. He did so for city and we will never forget that.

Last edited:
Ha. :-D

I'm an expert on 1982, the first World Cup I watched and it's seared into my brain. I could tell you almost everything about it.

1998 and watching the World Cup involved drinking in pubs. I'm slightly less accurate about tournaments from that point on.....
I was at the 1982 WC; And 1990 and 1998. Plus the Euros in 2000

Well I never liked his style of play and thought he could have done more but nevertheless he did make England believe again and got them to two finals in a row which is a great achievement in its own right and choose an honourable way to exit, good luck to him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.