Gareth Southgate

I was nodding till the last sentence.
On past performance, of course. I do think man management and managing the press are just as important for a modern England manager, we'll see.

I think Southgate is a better manager than some give him credit for, the tweaks during the course of this tournament have been decent enough and not always as obvious as some made out.

But football is a cruel sport and he couldn't get the job done with a young and talented squad. Let's see what the next man does, he'll have my full support.

If Klopp is available and fancied the job after a rest, the FA would be mad to turn him down.

Pep is simply the greatest manager this country has ever seen. No one comes close to him in my book. However if Pep wasn't around then it's almost certain Klopp would be right up there with the silverware.

His teams are decent enough to watch and he does get the best out of players. I agree with the others who say his tactics are probably easier than Peps, although there is the issue of whether they'd work after a long season.

Klopp has been there and done it and I'm certain he'd get us close to titles.

If not then Potter or Howe would be fine with me.

A few puffs on the inhalers and we would be fine. He wouldn't be scared to rotate to keep energy levels up either. We didn't press because we played the same 11 or 12 players all tournament and one of them was fucked from day 1.

If Watkins, Gordon and Bowen or whoever had played a group game or come on every game after 60mins we would have been able to keep the intensity.

Him or Potter would be fine. Howe better for his experience and I think he's have more respect with the players but I did like Potters playing style

Potter is an overrated manager. You wouldn't like his style. We might keep the ball but we would do not with it. His Brighton team couldn't score for shit.

I dunno why people keep mentioning Pep for England, he isnt going to take a pay cut to take the worst job going in football.
The FA are not going to pay 20 million + in wages anyway .

England shouldn't appoint him due to the fact he is mentally shot and he would not want the job either.

Seeing him crack up would be brilliant though....

He doesn't like getting asked difficult questions, after the honeymoon period he'd be awful with the media and everyone would see him for what he is. Or he could do well. Win-win.

So yeah, give him the job. :)

The Phil Neville was 2 yrs later in the Euros.

Ha. :-D

I'm an expert on 1982, the first World Cup I watched and it's seared into my brain. I could tell you almost everything about it.

1998 and watching the World Cup involved drinking in pubs. I'm slightly less accurate about tournaments from that point on.....

On past performance, of course. I do think man management and managing the press are just as important for a modern England manager, we'll see.

I think Southgate is a better manager than some give him credit for, the tweaks during the course of this tournament have been decent enough and not always as obvious as some made out.

But football is a cruel sport and he couldn't get the job done with a young and talented squad. Let's see what the next man does, he'll have my full support.
He had the best squad of players and couldn't compete in the final. Let's not kid ourselves that we went close. As soon as we scored Spain came again and got a goal at will. As gaz reset his 1-10-0 formation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.