Gareth Southgate

It would be attacking football though. But I'm not sure i could get behind him. Would be the complete opposite of Southagate....attacking footy but with a knob in charge over boring dull footy with a harmless sort. Plus, really cant see the FA giving it to a German
Klopp is mentally shot. The England job would finish him

If Klopp is available and fancied the job after a rest, the FA would be mad to turn him down.

Pep is simply the greatest manager this country has ever seen. No one comes close to him in my book. However if Pep wasn't around then it's almost certain Klopp would be right up there with the silverware.

His teams are decent enough to watch and he does get the best out of players. I agree with the others who say his tactics are probably easier than Peps, although there is the issue of whether they'd work after a long season.

Klopp has been there and done it and I'm certain he'd get us close to titles.

If not then Potter or Howe would be fine with me.

Mancini out manouvered him in the tactical battle. A better tactician would have won that game.

I'm not saying Southgate is a good tactician I am saying he was better than Hodgson, which you claim isn't true. Hodgson was a car crash. You can't say we were one result away from it being the same as Hodgson and not accept we were one result away from him winning a tournament, or two.

Football is about fine margins and the best team doesn't always win. Southgate was clearly not good enough tactically, and hasn't stopped England losing to better opposition, other than the win over Germany albeit a weakened version.

Onwards and upwards hopefully. Luckily you don't care either way despite investing so much time in England recently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.