Southport - recommendations for a pub showing the Southampton game on Sat Evening?

Didn't Ian Bishop run a pub in Southport many moons ago, The Travellers Rest or the Travellers Call I think it was called. Not a clue where it was or whether they show footy, so probably of no use, but I just thought I'd throw it in.
I stand to be corrected, but I think the pub Bishop had was The Fishermens Rest in Birkdale, Southport.

Had a weekend there last summer and to be honest pleasantly surprised
Stayed at the hotel Bliss over looking the lake
The weather was great that helped and will definitely go back
Just thought I'd bump this thread, as I'm there with the Mrs this weekend in the Bliss hotel!

Is The Imperial still the go-to pub for us Blues?

It's on ITV so expect it will be shown in every pub in Southport. Bit too near dipperland for any City fan to risk his life/wallet.

Just thought I'd bump this thread, as I'm there with the Mrs this weekend in the Bliss hotel!

Is The Imperial still the go-to pub for us Blues?
Not been back to Southport since I ventured in, but it's a pub with a big food offering, rather than a backstreet boozer with sawdust on the floor. Apart from the beer (no Guinness - boo) I had a lovely time trying some of Holt's finest and the Staff were lovely and didn't hear much crowing from any Scousers in there. Lots of TVs too, so you shouldn't struggle to find a view.

No idea what it's like though when the Dippers are playing, especially us,hopefully a local can provide an update, but this is a glorified pre-season game rather than an end of season Prem decider, so hopefully it should be good.

I'd possibly suggest booking a table if you wanted to eat and combine footy with food? It is the school holidays after all.

It's on ITV so expect it will be shown in every pub in Southport. Bit too near dipperland for any City fan to risk his life/wallet.
Bad choice, I know, but there's no way I'm browsing round the shops knowing it's on, so pub it is!

Not been back to Southport since I ventured in, but it's a pub with a big food offering, rather than a backstreet boozer with sawdust on the floor. Apart from the beer (no Guinness - boo) I had a lovely time trying some of Holt's finest and the Staff were lovely and didn't hear much crowing from any Scousers in there. Lots of TVs too, so you shouldn't struggle to find a view.

No idea what it's like though when the Dippers are playing, especially us,hopefully a local can provide an update, but this is a glorified pre-season game rather than an end of season Prem decider, so hopefully it should be good.

I'd possibly suggest booking a table if you wanted to eat and combine footy with food? It is the school holidays after all.
Cheers Dave! Good advice!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.