Southport - recommendations for a pub showing the Southampton game on Sat Evening?

The Mount on Manchester Rd., slightly out of town , ten minutes walk from Lord St.,good grub , plenty of TV's and a nice pint of Worthingtons , a smattering of scousers but friendly.
Been going in there twenty years , Southport in general is like most seaside towns , eastern european and migrants are now commonplace but ive had no issues with them. Some shops boarded up and few homeless people in doorways like the majority of UK towns ,but voted the safest area to live in Merseyside 2020.
My seaview from my apartment never disappoints and lovely fresh air when walking my dog in the mornings , if this is regression , i will take it all day long.

The Pheonix on Coronation Walk. Cheap beer cheep food. Loads of screens
Southport best tapas Bistro Bar Med restaurant opposite if your feeling good

Didn't Ian Bishop run a pub in Southport many moons ago, The Travellers Rest or the Travellers Call I think it was called. Not a clue where it was or whether they show footy, so probably of no use, but I just thought I'd throw it in.
Travellers call is in Stockport not Southport. Halfway to Hazel Grove on the left. Not much use but thought I’d mention it anyway.

I ended up in the Imperial yesterday, thanks for the recommendations. Got a great seat in front of the biggest telly and the food in there was great too.

Shame the result wasn't as expected, but a good crowd in there who all groaned in unison when Razza missed his sitter.

Shame no Guinness on tap or Holt's Black (apparently no demand), so had a random pint each time I went back to the bar.

Must admit, I like how Lord Street looks nowadays, looks as though they are trying to bring it back up to how it used to be with a good selection of shops, eateries and bars and lights in the trees, very nice on the eye.

IMG_20220122_193611.jpg

I ended up in the Imperial yesterday, thanks for the recommendations. Got a great seat in front of the biggest telly and the food in there was great too.

Shame the result wasn't as expected, but a good crowd in there who all groaned in unison when Razza missed his sitter.

Shame no Guinness on tap or Holt's Black (apparently no demand), so had a random pint each time I went back to the bar.

Must admit, I like how Lord Street looks nowadays, looks as though they are trying to bring it back up to how it used to be with a good selection of shops, eateries and bars and lights in the trees, very nice on the eye.

View attachment 35110
How do they get the bars in the trees to stay up?

View attachment 35110
They’ve got Two Hoots though which is probably my favourite beer at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.