Spain or Greece?

blue John said:
unsworthblue said:
greece for me every time.been going every year to greece for the last 7 years.had enough of spain.a few years ago.must admit valencia is one of the best cities though.each to there own but greece is my favourite country.santorini in particular,lovely island.paradise!
Done most of Greece but Santorini cost me the most there is so much to see on such a small island
Me and Mrs Blue John are going back next year it will be 10 years ago we went
It is the best Island there is looking forward to it already and I have not had this years holiday yet
last year got a car for a few days and went all over this small island.found some great places..megalachori,pyrgos,oia.it can be expensive in some of the scenic areas though you're right about that.i always stay in old thira,perissa next to the mountain.love everything about santorini.going back in june.can't wait

unsworthblue said:
blue John said:
unsworthblue said:
greece for me every time.been going every year to greece for the last 7 years.had enough of spain.a few years ago.must admit valencia is one of the best cities though.each to there own but greece is my favourite country.santorini in particular,lovely island.paradise!
Done most of Greece but Santorini cost me the most there is so much to see on such a small island
It is the best Island there is looking forward to it already and I have not had this years holiday yet
last year got a car for a few days and went all over this small island.found some great places..megalachori,pyrgos,oia.it can be expensive in some of the scenic areas though you're right about that.i always stay in old thira,perissa next to the mountain.love everything about santorini.going back in june.can't wait
It will be next June for me (Mrs Blue Johns Birthday) like you can't wait and I have always said I will not go to the same place twice Hmm

aarond said:
Went to Zante a few years back and it was one of the best holidays of my life.
what about the airport? needed another holiday just to get over it.

Gaudino said:
LEE BRADBURY said:
Spain every time.

Went to Rhodes year before last had a recorded temperature off 46 degrees at Lindos whilst there, it was hot hot hot.

Was that in middle of June? We were staying in Lindos then too.....beautiful village. Great bars and retaurants at night too.
But that was some heat for June....even the locals said it was unusually hot. One of the old guys even took one of his cardigans off, and heard another removed his cap at one point. (All their mates called them poofs for it though.. :) )

Oh, and my vote is Greece everytime. (Kefallonia [Fiskardo], Lesvos [Skala Errosos] , and Rhodes [Lindos] me faves)
Spot on mate it was the middle of June !!!!!,bloody hot I have never known heat like it, we stayed at the Marietta in Pastida,it was like a sort of cross between an underground car park and police cell, only 1 window in the apartment, virtually no furniture except beds and a table and arm chair, one cooking ring, it was definitely basic.

Hired a car and we did Lindos,could not believe the heat,we did the castle at the top the kids went up on donkeys me and the missus walked,I paid for the missus and she could not manage the steps to the top (seen my arse),she Is asthmatic though, just wish she had said something before I paid.

I got to the top people were just lying around like half dead gasping for breath, I thought it was hilarious the germans are pretty big to start with, I believe a few people died it was that hot.

Opening the car window was no relief it was like a hairdryer on full heat.

Could not walk on the beach either it left your feet in huge blisters.

did you know it is illegal to set off on a journey in Greece without a bottle water in your car ?

We were lucky as our room at the Lindos Gardens Hotel had air con. THAT should be a law!
We didn't bother trying to get up that hill at any point, way too hot. We were there for the Rock In Rhodes festival in Lindos (On top of cliffs above St Paul's Bay, beautiful setting) There again this June....hoping its a bit cooler this time.

Nb, This year's fest has even more bands...Limehouse Lizzy, Letz Zep, Are You Experienced? Think Floyd, ZZ Topz, and Foreigner's Journey. Great if, like me and the missus, you like Classic Rock!) Plus Socrates fantastic Rock Bar in the village til early hours every day. Can't wait.

Neither they're both packed full of British tourists so I'd steer well clear.

blue John said:
unsworthblue said:
blue John said:
unsworthblue said:
It will be next June for me (Mrs Blue Johns Birthday) like you can't wait and I have always said I will not go to the same place twice Hmm

I always said that until I want to Las Vegas...3rd trip planned

Gaudino said:
We were lucky as our room at the Lindos Gardens Hotel had air con. THAT should be a law!
We didn't bother trying to get up that hill at any point, way too hot. We were there for the Rock In Rhodes festival in Lindos (On top of cliffs above St Paul's Bay, beautiful setting) There again this June....hoping its a bit cooler this time.

Nb, This year's fest has even more bands...Limehouse Lizzy, Letz Zep, Are You Experienced? Think Floyd, ZZ Topz, and Foreigner's Journey. Great if, like me and the missus, you like Classic Rock!) Plus Socrates fantastic Rock Bar in the village til early hours every day. Can't wait.
That sounds great mate, your right that st pauls bay is beautiful, have never seen sea that colour in my entire life.

I also thought the little market at lindos with the cobbled streets was gorgeous, we actually got lost in the maze, not very easy to navigate.

I actually thought the island it self was beautiful, just the accommodation I had a problem with, we were scammed at our hotel to such an extent that we started going to lidol on the road to faliraki,(great for cheap booze by the way) for our shopping, food was pretty cheap at the supermarket, at our hotel they were charging ridiculous prices for the booze and soft drinks, taking the piss really, for instance I bought a pizza for the kids one night and he brought out one of those you get from Iceland for 99p and charged us 16 euros.

I paid 40 euros for air conditioning for the week in the apartment, the owner put a fuse in and had it on the lowest possible setting we were dying, the remote was in a sealed box stuck under the unit on the wall, my eldest lad shoved a butter knife down the front where there was a small gap and managed to press the button, and we had it on full blast for the entire holiday, but others were not so lucky did not dare share my secret, the beer was like piss thoroughly rotten scammy hotel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.