• Poll closed .
If someone said a team had played to get to a final -

Serbia
Denmark
Slovenia
Slovakia
Switzerland
Netherlands

And that time had won 2 of those games by a goal, drawn 2 and won 1 after a penalty shoot out and the other in extra time after a 95th minute equaliser

Would you be that impressed?
And that they were 5 seconds from losing to slovakia and deservedly losing at that.

All my mates saying Southgate stays and we win the next World Cup…. I need to come on here for some brotherly love!

He simply has to go now. We looked incapable of the tactical switch it needed to counter the Spanish tactical switch at half time.

How do you make Phil look impotent… Bellingham needed hooking, Rice, well Rice did Rice things. It has to be the coaching, when you see how they play for their clubs.

He can’t stay because he is a nice bloke, which he is! And his record can’t be argued against.

I have no idea who, but if we want to WIN something, changes need to be made.

Anyway, come on City and Rodri’s hammy looked ok to me as he lifted the trophy, thank fuck.
Seriously folks, this is how little sense it makes not just to keep him on but that he ever got the job in the first place:

Southgate was appointed Middlesboro manger despite not having gained the required professional coaching qualifications, or even taken the exam. Boro successfully argued that his international commitments (as a player) meant that he had not had the time to do the course.

In his first season his team lost away to all 3 promoted teams, and didn't win an away game until January, against struggling Charlton who were relegated that season. His first 4 signings were defenders. The club spent some time in the relegation zone but finished 12th, and the following season finished 13th. The season after that they were relegated. Southgate kept his job - just - but was sacked the next season after failing to get the club promoted back to the PL.

He then spent 4 years out of the game completely, before being appointed manager of the England U-21 team, from where he eventually got the full England manager's job after Big Sam was set up by the press and lost his job as a result.

On what basis does the FA figure that this guy was ever the best man to take the England manager's job? One short and unsuccessful stint as a club manager then 4 years out of the game? You couldn't make it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.