Spain v Germany - Fri 5th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kroos hit the ball first. It was not a bad foul as well, more like Pedri is very fragile. Pedri got down spectacular but I think this would not be a yellow card in the PL either.
I'll let Rodri talk (as I have already offered my - similar - opinion):

It was a game where you had to fight for the right to play.

Rodri: Yes, there were some violent tackles. I was close to the one on Pedri and that was a bad one. But that happens in football, the referee has to take control.

Anthony Taylor got it wrong?

Rodri: I think so. Not because it was or wasn’t [a card] but because of where the game is going. If there’s not a card there, the next one …
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ngs-how-the-teams-in-the-last-eight-shaped-up
English referees tend to let the game go so wasn’t that always likely?

Rodri: No. I know them well but when they referee in Europe they tend to drop the level of intensity [permitted] in England. As a player you have to be able interpret that.

Kroos hit the ball first. It was not a bad foul as well, more like Pedri is very fragile. Pedri got down spectacular but I think this would not be a yellow card in the PL either.
He barely touched the ball, and took Pedri out at the knees. Kroos was as surprised as anyone that he didn’t get booked for it.

He then went on to commit several more bookable challenges with no card produced until right before he went off late in the game for his fifth or sixth cynical foul.

Not sure why you would even try to defend the initial tackle. Nearly everyone agrees, fan and pundit alike, it was a bad challenge that should have been a yellow. And the German team put in quite a few throughout the match.

Pedri didn’t even make the bench tonight, by the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.