Spain vs Portugal

I read in this football writers World Cup preview before the game that it was heavilly tipped to go all the way to penalties but was disappointed in Portugal. I thought they would have more fight. However I suppose that would be doing Spain a dis-service as they are SO good at keeping the ball. They can dictate the pace of a game by passing it around the midfield for ten minutes. It becomes impossible then for the opposition to build an attack.

schumey04 said:
mackenzie said:
Probably a different thread this, but do you think that we now know too much about most of the players? In that, we are no longer surprised by real talent (Tevez) and despair about the ones we expect much from (Torres)?

Years ago, the WC was exciting because it allowed a chance to see some players that we had never seen. That doesn't seem to happen that much now.

I agree to a certain degree but the likes of Ozil for Germany and Melo for Brazil and that left back for mexico (name escapes me) are more household names now

that left back for mexico (name escapes me) are more household names now
======================
household name that you can't remember? made me chuckle :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.