Special Trains

Torquay away league cup. Took god knows how long to get there. Thrown onto coaches by old bill. When got to ground forced to go to any turnstile. Payed junior rate even though had moustache. Just as well as the 0-0 was prob worst game I have ever seen

yes stoke early 70's was one of my 'fondest' memories, marched to the ground, fenced in at the station (but i think that was so the six fingered stokies could use us for target practice), coppers worst than fans. loved it happy days !!

Recall the queue for the ham or cheese barms and a coke as soon as people got on the train and Cheesey serving.
On the way to the destination passing through Crewe and the trainspotters at the far end of the platform receiving abuse, empty cans and lord knows what else.
Daft Donald tapping everyone up for 20p on the way back
Tables and other shit going out the window on the way back over Stockport viaduct.

Fuck knows how the authorities allowed them to go on for so long.......

Think it was to oxford, when a fire extinguisher got thrown out of the window and over the edge of a bridge we were passing over. Could have been a killer
The table, light bulbs and parts of the seats had already long gone.
Carnage at the ground too.

pete1970 said:
Any one remember the days of the Soccer Special Train from Piccadilly for most of the away Games? Im sure Ian Cheeseman from GMR Used to be in the "Buffett" bit dishing out Sandwiches before the Public Health Inspector got hold of them?

No heating, and I used to love having a game of Cluedo or monopoly or some other board game that were always handed out, only in the 70's!!<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:52 pm --<br /><br />
Rammyblues said:
Remember going to Ipswich on it in late 80's, 7 hours it took, think it was similar when I went to southampton

I was on the Ipswich one late 70s, when Mariner Wark etc played for them. Again 7 hour journey there and back OK till we got to London then had to wait forever while they changed the engine to a diesel the east coast line hadn't been electrified. Then they took us on some old disused lines at about 4 mph across North London. Escourted to the ground lost 1-0 then had the journey all the way back to Manc. Food a fucking disgrace but the banter was brilliant, oh the good old days.

And the Ziggy Stardust look alike aka Nige B shouted "handball" cause we were in the wrong end!!!

I remember the small cardboard tickets you used to get for them and the Cheadle Hulme lads getting on at Stockport with board game boxes full of booze and class A's and not a set of dice in sight.Missed the service to West Ham last game of 86/87 season and Howard let me and 3 mates on for nothing,said we could be stewards and Cheesey was exactly that,good bloke Howard

Huddersfield in the FA Cup 2nd replay 1988, the return journey was rammed as the police just threw everyone on it. Just before the train arrived at Victoria with about 5 or so minutes before closing time, coming through Collyhurst / Miles Platting and the cord gets pulled - doors flying open and all the north Manchester lads pile off the train and up the embankment.
Me and my mate going mad because we would miss the last train and bus back to Sale.
5 minutes later the dibble pile into our carriage, block the doors and say ''no one is going anywhere until one of you owns up to pulling the cord''. Apparently it was pulled in the carriage I was in. Those of us left plead innocent and point out that the reason it was pulled is because whoever did it lived nearby and this saved a trip from Victoria and also they'd get last orders in. The dibble wouldn't have it and insisted on the culprit owning up...... took another cop with stripes on to suss out it wasn't any of us and the train crept into Victoria under the watchful eye of James Anderton's finest.
Had to get a fucking taxi back to Sale too.

Barnsley.... Maybe the same game as mentioned earlier but I am sure it was early not mid 80's.... Hot dog carts all over the place (mostly on there side) and the Barnsley Fans not knowing who to fight, anything that moved would do. Seriously I think that Barnsley fans are (or were in the 80's the biggest nutters going. A town full of roughneck miners who tried to look up to their brothers reputations. Trouble was the brothers of Leeds and Sheffield clubs were much bigger and they ended up looking silly. ... Never forget the copper on a police horse grabbing me for singing lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.