Speed Awareness Course (asking for a friend)

I got done doing 38 in a 30 driving home from work. Saw the police car but didn't notice the police woman stood behind it resting the camera on the roof of the car till it was too late. As soon as I saw her (Virtually level with the car, too late to brake) I looked down and my Speedo actually told me I was doing 41 and not the 38 the letter said.

Opted for the online course full of dread, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. The instructor was sound (looked like Mike Dean), got everyone involved and had a bit of a laugh and joke when the time was right. Learnt a few things too.
I should hope so....

Smart Motorway’s are becoming more tricky to keep within the speed limits and a lot of wagons tail gate other vehicles when it’s less than 50mph, fucking dangerous. Then there’s different speed cameras all on the same stretch of motorway and you can’t watch out for these sneaky bastards, they can clock you from a mile away.

Attachments

• 67EBB52C-47BA-4641-809E-606E1A4426D9.jpeg
    67EBB52C-47BA-4641-809E-606E1A4426D9.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 19
I got done doing 38 in a 30 driving home from work. Saw the police car but didn't notice the police woman stood behind it resting the camera on the roof of the car till it was too late. As soon as I saw her (Virtually level with the car, too late to brake) I looked down and my Speedo actually told me I was doing 41 and not the 38 the letter said.

Opted for the online course full of dread, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. The instructor was sound (looked like Mike Dean), got everyone involved and had a bit of a laugh and joke when the time was right. Learnt a few things too.
deanred.jpg

Smart Motorway’s are becoming more tricky to keep within the speed limits and a lot of wagons tail gate other vehicles when it’s less than 50mph, fucking dangerous. Then there’s different speed cameras all on the same stretch of motorway and you can’t watch out for these sneaky bastards, they can clock you from a mile away.
Ive been doing more driving recently and its a nightmare with the number of restricted areas about on motorways.

Not had any letters - no idea how they calibrate the 'average speed'. I tend to follow the traffic and regularly do 60ish through 50 zones and get nothing.

i followed a car the other day doing 25 mph in 30 safe has house apart from the homemade sign in back window stating Black box fitted which was obstructing all round vision

Ive been doing more driving recently and its a nightmare with the number of restricted areas about on motorways.

Not had any letters - no idea how they calibrate the 'average speed'. I tend to follow the traffic and regularly do 60ish through 50 zones and get nothing.
Think you are supposed to get a 10% allowance so I’d be a little careful, you could lose your license within a day on the Motorway.

Think I will have been caught this morning
The A556 link road joining the M56 from the M6. At the Altrincham end the limit reduces to 50 and I was still at 60
A mobile van on the hard shoulder and I'm sure it said "mobile safety camera " as I passed it
Not after any sympathy, just letting other blues know that there's another area to be aware of

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.