Spoilt football fans

Josh Blue

Not just outs but in general it seems football fans are becoming like brats.

Ourselves for example, do we have to win the league every season otherwise these brats will want the manager out?

Is it our throw-away consumer culture? Always looking for a quick fix? So what is we finish second? It means we will have watched some great football and finished as the second best team in the country....roll on next year.

Why win at all costs? why not enjoy supporting the team and have a good time. Fair enough if we were struggling to get into the top 6 and or we were getting hammered by other teams like Villa are.

I read on one thread "Mancini can't take any credit for our recent success".

Basically saying it was all down to Mansour and Khaldoon?

Well correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Mancini that has improved Richards, Zab, Lescott, Kompany and Barry with training. You could argue he has improved Clichy as well.

I know it a lot of it has to do with keeping up with the rags and if it was someone else was in 1st place we might be a bit calmer but some of the stuff I read on here is pathetic.

The amount of money we have spent and the fact we are 7 points behind already is also pathetic, if not more.

It is the majority of same players from last year who played fast free flowing football, why do they play like they are running through treacle now?

No matter whom our manager is we will not win the league every season. No matter whom our manger is we will have seasons where we win nothing.

When we go a season without winning a trophy, I will be happy to let the manager (whomever it is) have another shot at rectifying that trophyless season with another season with us. If we then hit a second season without winning a trophy, then I will start to look at things in a dark light and possibly (and only possibly) look at bringing a new manager in.

Although I agree that the comments of most on here are impractical (I'm firmly Mancini in), your post reads like the new attitude at school where 'losing is okay - it's the taking part that counts'.

This is a male sport where competition is win or die, not runner up and move on. The players should display this passion.

I have never bought into the idea that MCFC have to win anything. All I ask is that the players on the pitch earn their money by putting in a performance that equates with their wages, and in the process add to our joy. Simple stuff, really!

It's not the amount of points you're behind after 19 games that counts, but after 38. It's the same people that were calling for Mancini's head after the Arsenal game last season and the Liverpool game the season before. These results happen in football and they're not the barometer for what makes a manager good or bad, it's how you react to adversity; considering how we've reacted to these performances and results in years gone by the only logical conclusion is to continue to back Mancini.

Tom_mcfc said:
The amount of money we have spent and the fact we are 7 points behind already is also pathetic, if not more.

It is the majority of same players from last year who played fast free flowing football, why do they play like they are running through treacle now?

Money doesn't really concern me mate. It's just numbers. Some of the players aren't good enough so we will rebuild in the summer

Tom_mcfc said:

Money spent, as pointed out hundreds of times over the last four years, is not an issue of point. We have paid over the odds for pretty much every single player we've signed since Sheikh Mansour came in, in most cases double the price of the player's worth.

Plus it's not the same players neither. We hardly had any injuries last season and had almost a full squad of players to pick from over 75% of the time. At the moment we have one fit and good enough attacking/creative midfielder and no attacking full backs (of which we have four injured). Therefore we are going to struggle. Who is going to attack and create? Defensive midfielders? Strikers who are finishers, not creators?

It is not about winning.

What is bothering me is that we are a circus.

Mancini is constantly having a go at players. Players are constantly questioning his tactics/formations.

We don't appear to have an identity on the pitch. Are we trying to be Barcelona in attack and Juve in defence becasue it isn't working. We can't shoot and we defend like a bunch of school children.

Mancini loses a game and you can garentee he will claim it is because we need more players. More? What about the 5 you have just bought in the summer? What about our academy? No... You want to spunk another £50million away?

I am not spoilt i just want us to be ran in an effective and professional manner from top to bottom. Get Guardiola, get an identity, get rid of Mancini and Balotelli and anyone else who doesn't want to fully commit to the cause.

Josh Blue said:
Tom_mcfc said:

Money doesn't really concern me mate. It's just numbers. Some of the players aren't good enough so we will rebuild in the summer

The same players proved last year they are good enough though so what's changed?

As I previously said we got at teams quick on the break with pace it now seems they are under orders to be as slow as possible going forward and allowing the other team to get every man and their dog back behind the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.