Spoilt football fans

I'm frustrated, so I imagine most blues are. I vent my spleen hear and never at the match. We have the 3rd best keeper on these shores, with the Forster and Cech being better. When he *ucks up, being the goalie, it usually loses us the game and this season already he has made more than he did in the whole of last season. That said, the summer transfer window was diabolical, aside from Nasty, it was a poor one.

In a way it's good that the game matters so much to fans. But the negativity when a result goes against us is ridiculous. We conceded a stupid goal at Sunderland where Zabeleta was clearly fouled, then Joe Hart made an error. Strikers miss chances and we were generally off our game - but "it's Mancini's fault". Only his responsibility when it goes wrong mind

GazC said:
It's not the amount of points you're behind after 19 games that counts, but after 38. It's the same people that were calling for Mancini's head after the Arsenal game last season and the Liverpool game the season before. These results happen in football and they're not the barometer for what makes a manager good or bad, it's how you react to adversity; considering how we've reacted to these performances and results in years gone by the only logical conclusion is to continue to back Mancini.
Spot on. At no point during any game during any time of any season before the final whistle of hame 38 does it matter what position you are in the table or how many points you have; the ONLY TIME it matters is AFTER the 38th game. Only then, and no other time. Everyone hasn't played everyone yet.

Fans are now making huge financial sacrifices to watch their teams, which include players who are paid astronomical sums and that can't seem to be bothered earning it or up sticks when the going gets a bit tough or the manager looks at them funny.

Tom_mcfc said:
The amount of money we have spent and the fact we are 7 points behind already is also pathetic, if not more.

It is the majority of same players from last year who played fast free flowing football, why do they play like they are running through treacle now?

And you don't think Mancini has been wondering exactly the same thing? No manager has a magic wand that can suddenly kick start a team into playing well when so many key players are under-performing. It goes back to missing out on in his first choices in the summer window, Mancini knows you can't stand still after winning a title but for a variety of reasons he couldn't get the players he wanted and the club is now suffering because of it.

Yesterday hurt me more than losing to them last month.were all a bit angry at the fact were 7 points behind a team who are equally playing shit themselves but time after time they carry that luck.at 3.2 to Newcastle you just knew it would end 4.3 to them.yesterday felt like arsenal away last year.very disappointed at how we fail to win games like yesterday.norwich going to be equally difficult now,if we drop points in that we,l have spurs breathing down our necks,depressing to say the least

GazC said:
It's not the amount of points you're behind after 19 games that counts, but after 38. It's the same people that were calling for Mancini's head after the Arsenal game last season and the Liverpool game the season before. These results happen in football and they're not the barometer for what makes a manager good or bad, it's how you react to adversity; considering how we've reacted to these performances and results in years gone by the only logical conclusion is to continue to back Mancini.

Bang on the money.

lancs blue said:
Tom_mcfc said:
The amount of money we have spent and the fact we are 7 points behind already is also pathetic, if not more.

It is the majority of same players from last year who played fast free flowing football, why do they play like they are running through treacle now?

And you don't think Mancini has been wondering exactly the same thing? No manager has a magic wand that can suddenly kick start a team into playing well when so many key players are under-performing. It goes back to missing out on in his first choices in the summer window, Mancini knows you can't stand still after winning a title but for a variety of reasons he couldn't get the players he wanted and the club is now suffering because of it.

I'm not blaming it all on Mancini though? What I find baffling is how he can watch it every week though and not try to solve these issues. Work on it in training etc. I'm also not saying he hasn't already tried this but it seems to happen every week. The players seem to be under the instruction that no matter what the score it is ok to just play the ball between our centre backs and break as slow as possible.

simon31goat said:
Yesterday hurt me more than losing to them last month.were all a bit angry at the fact were 7 points behind a team who are equally playing shit themselves but time after time they carry that luck.at 3.2 to Newcastle you just knew it would end 4.3 to them.yesterday felt like arsenal away last year.very disappointed at how we fail to win games like yesterday.norwich going to be equally difficult now,if we drop points in that we,l have spurs breathing down our necks,depressing to say the least
You see, I don't get these 'failure' speeches. "Depressing"? It's not depressing in the slightest, it puts fire in my belly. It's exciting, it's dramatic. It's not depressing in any way whatsoever.

VOOMER said:
I'm frustrated, so I imagine most blues are. I vent my spleen hear and never at the match. We have the 3rd best keeper on these shores, with the Forster and Cech being better. When he *ucks up, being the goalie, it usually loses us the game and this season already he has made more than he did in the whole of last season. That said, the summer transfer window was diabolical, aside from Nasty, it was a poor one.

Who is this Forster keeper? Surely not the Celtic keeper because if you mean him then you have just ruined your post. FFS two good games against Barca and people seriously better than Hart. There is a reason why Forster did not make the grade at Newcastle and that's because he is not good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.