SPORT OPTIONS & SPIKE - CLF - UPDATE TUESDAY 18 MAY @ 9PM

Call me crazy... but I’ve booked to Porto.
Does anyone have any idea about the Covid testing required. From what I’ve read, we need a PCR test less than 72 hours before departure and another on arrival in the UK. Is there anything else needed and where do we get this test from?
Please and thanks :)

Call me crazy... but I’ve booked to Porto.
Does anyone have any idea about the Covid testing required. From what I’ve read, we need a PCR test less than 72 hours before departure and another on arrival in the UK. Is there anything else needed and where do we get this test from?
Please and thanks :)
Oh dear, Wembley is still being discussed.

PCR test 72 hours before departure sounds right, but it has to be a paid-for private one. I'm confused that a private test may have to be taken in Portugal before arrival back in UK. I think there's a certain amount of confusion all round, happy to be advised.

You need to book the test privately you need one in Portugal and on return. When you return you must provide proof of a booked and prepaid for test within the next 2 days or face a rather large fine if you can not.
You may need one before you go but as yet the info on gov website is not updated and Portuguese tourist minister wants to avoid that cost for people

You need to book the test privately you need one in Portugal and on return. When you return you must provide proof of a booked and prepaid for test within the next 2 days or face a rather large fine if you can not.
You may need one before you go but as yet the info on gov website is not updated and Portuguese tourist minister wants to avoid that cost for people
Cheers, Ill take a test everyday of the week if necessary in the UK , the concept of taking one whilst in Portugal despite being there for a just a few days sounds a bit of a logistical nightmare . Happy to do it though if it keeps everyone in Portugal and the UK safe, which is far more important than any football match .

Okay so from what I understand then, we need-

1) A PCR test in the UK completed less than 72 hours before the flight

2) A lateral flow test completed in Portugal (with an official certificate/email)

3) A pre-booked PCR test less than 2 days after arriving in the UK (£500 fine if not pre booked)

Is this correct to everyone’s knowledge?
How on earth are we all going to arrange an official lateral flow test in Portugal and how can we guarantee results in time? Does seem like a logistical nightmare

Okay so from what I understand then, we need-

1) A PCR test in the UK completed less than 72 hours before the flight

2) A lateral flow test completed in Portugal (with an official certificate/email)

3) A pre-booked PCR test less than 2 days after arriving in the UK (£500 fine if not pre booked)

Is this correct to everyone’s knowledge?
How on earth are we all going to arrange an official lateral flow test in Portugal and how can we guarantee results in time? Does seem like a logistical nightmare
There's a company that does them at faro airport for about £30, also other locations in Faro but I don't know how many they can do on aparticular day. Results about 30mins after the test. Might be possible at other airports. Synlabs group I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.