Sports Personality of the Year

Cav got as many votes as the other nine put together and frankly I am amazed the other nine got that close. He was one of the top sportsmen in the world last year, is one of the top sportsmen the UK has ever produced and I reckon the best all out sprinter and fastest finisher there has ever been!

bluestud said:
shawgorbie said:
bluestud said:
Who is Cavendish? Never heard of him must have some personality!!!

Seriously this non event is a joke. i don't understand why people give it any credence.

Was it last year when Giggs won it? If it was about sporting achievement then it might get some recognition from me.
FAIL with the who is cav.See you next time you post

I'm serious I just read he's a cyclist but who watches cycling?

Another serious fail
It's about achievement in your sport not how many people watch
and btw i and most of my mates watch cycling and millions of non cycling fans watch the Tour de France

Cav's achivements in the sport are awesome (countless Grand Tour stage wins and the Wotd Road Race Champion) and he's put Britain right up there on the world cycling stage

Get a grip

bluestud said:
shawgorbie said:
bluestud said:
Who is Cavendish? Never heard of him must have some personality!!!

Seriously this non event is a joke. i don't understand why people give it any credence.

Was it last year when Giggs won it? If it was about sporting achievement then it might get some recognition from me.
FAIL with the who is cav.See you next time you post

I'm serious I just read he's a cyclist but who watches cycling?
I thought your initial post was a wind up, and this has confirmed it. Even the most ignorant of sports fans would at least have heard of Cavendish. Anyway, I think you may have caught one or two, so well done you.

jamiegrimble said:
No woman at all in the line up.No need to go through the old adage about the fairer sex, Like a woman scorned etc.When Giggs won it a few years ago I lost interest.
My opinion is its driven now by brands and not neccesarily performance.
That was bad enough. Beckham winning the lifetime achievement award last year did it for me. Their definition of "lifetime achievement" must be different to mine. Perhaps they include sales of football shirts and volume of newspaper column inches?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.