Spurs’ new stadium

Apparently Pochetino said in his press conference that the NFL game is on the Saturday and he has not ruled out playing at Wembley on the Sunday even though the pitch will be in a poor condition. Hmmmmmm

Talk about being spectacularly naive.

I take it that's aimed at City as well, considering they won't want to see our fans shafted.

Anyway, instead of carrying this on on this thread I suggest you and that other fucking whopper take it to PM. Either that or meet me for a pint on Sunday and we can discuss it then. I'm sure the likes of @allan harper - who is in danger of being £210 out of pocket - will be most interested to hear what you have to say

Apparently Pochetino said in his press conference that the NFL game is on the Saturday and he has not ruled out playing at Wembley on the Sunday even though the pitch will be in a poor condition. Hmmmmmm

I don’t know where he apparently said that as the NFL match is on Sunday

The NFL match is on the Sunday (28th) so that would make it a Monday night game (29th) with the fourth round of the Carabao Cup to be played that midweek coupled with a Saturday 3 o'clock kick off for us that weekend.

So, assuming we go through in the third round, he's talking out of his arse in order to try and save Spurs'.

Going to be interesting when the solution to this fiasco is announced, unless the game goes ahead as planned which some posters are saying is unlikely. My concern is the authorities will do what's is best for everyone bar City and our supporters. Our involvement in all this will become a minor consideration, and for that reason Spurs should be the ones suffering the detriment and not City.

The NFL match is on the Sunday (28th) so that would make it a Monday night game (29th) with the fourth round of the Carabao Cup to be played that midweek coupled with a Saturday 3 o'clock kick off for us that weekend.

So, assuming we go through in the third round, he's talking out of his arse in order to try and save Spurs'.

This is where he talks about it: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ay-play-manchester-city-wembley-day-after-nfl

And you're right that it would mean the Monday night for the league game. That would still wreck the plans of fans who've booked travel and accommodation based on a Sunday game, and would also require City to play Spurs on a surface that he admits will be sub-standard.

As for the scheduling, it depends on the day when we play our CL group game the following midweek. If it's Wednesday, 7 November, we could play Spurs on the Monday, switch our home game against Southampton to Sunday, 4 November and play the League Cup tie on Thursday, 1 November - 3 days before and 3 days after the nearest league games. If the CL game is on the Tuesday, we won't switch the Southampton match and would have to play a LC tie either 48 hours before or 48 hours after a PL game.

IMO, City should be lobbying strongly for the game to take place as a Spurs home game on 28 October, which avoids us being dicked about with fixtures through no fault of our own. And if Spurs (whether or not they're at fault) can't provide their home ground or their contingency option on that weekend, they should be made to find another venue.

I don't think that will happen. It's what should happen, though, IMO.

Its failure to fulfill a fixture,Spurs may have friends at Lancaster Gate but in truth they should be docked points and fined,because at the moment it looks like its everybody who has to play Spurs problem and not theirs ,they get a new stadium at the end of it all,other teams just a load of bs hassle and nothing else

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.