Spurs’ new stadium

The synthetic turf surface for NFL games is the lower of the two. It means that sight lines from the stands are perfect for both codes. As to light etc, modern technology is so good now that there will be no adverse impact on the pitch when it is housed under the stand for any length of time. The underside of the stand is fitted out with grow lighting and fans that will provide necessary air circulation and deliver a fine mist of water.

What you saw was the completed NFL pitch. What you can see now on the webcams are the trays that will accommodate the grass pitch. The only thing that remains to be done - and which was always planned to be left until a few weeks before it was required - is laying the turf. It's a three day job at most. The drainage and undersoil heating is built into the trays in which the pitch sits.

Finally, as to why the need for two pitches..........money! Not just NFL games but the versatility that the retractable pitch offers will enable Spurs to host many different non football events.

Exactly.

What’s your thoughts on Fulham’s owner trying to acquire Wembley, do you think it might have an adverse effect on Nfl games at the new whl?

Because, with respect, unlike most Spurs fans and posters on here, I have been following this project very closely from the very beginning.

This was a complex build because it is a huge, state of the art, new stadium; two thirds built around a still used, existing stadium; on a site with limited space; in a built up, populated area with poor access. The vast majority of similar new stadia around the world are built on large, open sites with comparatively easy access.

The build was further complicated by the inclusion of a never before attempted, three section, two directional sliding pitch (which will reside under the stands while retracted) with a second pitch underneath it.

As to why it was a tight schedule, well the last ever game at the old Lane was in early May 2017 - which gave Mace and Spurs 16 months to demolish the old stadium; dig foundations; build the remaining third of the stadium; install the roof; build and install both pitches; build the podium; and complete all other public access areas surrounding the stadium. A tough ask. Doable, with a fair wind. But challenging. And, but for the serious issue that came to light last week, Spurs were on course to host the Liverpool game on 15th September. Close. But no cigar.

Between them, Mace and Spurs have failed to hit their ambitious target but anyone who claims that that is evidence of a poorly managed build has little knowledge or understanding of major construction projects - almost all of which are delivered late.

Nah, I asked how you KNOW these things, not WHY you think they are what they are. Nvm though, doesn't really matter I just don't like misinformation. But saying other people don't know, yet you do isn't true.

M'kay.........you're obviously a very angry man.

Bizarre that you think that knowledge equals obsession / geekiness. How very alt right of you.
Whilst I think your excuses for the club are lame, your obvious knowledge is enlightening and the response above made me chuckle. Keep posting mate, your a gud'n.

If Spurs don't play at all in White Hart Lane this season, plus they are aware that they won't be able to do so at this point, then there is no issue with them using another ground (like emirates) for our match as it wouldn't be a third home venue but a second one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.