Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say there was a lot of them like that. It's a shame he's let his side down, most on BM have been sound to their credit, I was starting to second guess myself on Spurs fans being 3rd on the list.

Spurs have never been bigger than City, even before the new owner, even before the new stadium. To be fair I'd have said there was not much in it, quite a few similarities between our clubs which should be respected. But City have been a top flight club for a larger percentage of their existence and edge the attendances despite not having the London club advantage.

Still want Spurs to win the CL this year.

Last edited:
Someone needs to educate @SpursLoyal who also uses the term. If you read his post above he “obviously disagrees” with my stance that it is anti Semitic, he also didn’t want to discuss it as he says that debate has been done to death, he obviously knows he’d lose that argument so hasn’t the stomach for it.
I reported 2 posts from 2 Spurs fans on here yesterday and they were both warned for using the word.

Nothing to do with not having the stomach for it more to do with not wanting to bore the rest of the forum to death.

Ive this awful feeling kane will push for a start even though he not even close fitness-wise , and spurs will wilt to his demands ,
Moura will get dropped losing their dynamism playing right into liverpool's hands

I agree , we’ve gotta start with Moura, Son Alli and Erickson , and have Kane in the bench

Your use of the Y word, clearly an anti Semitic word, no matter what context it is used. Even your own club has asked fans not to use it so not sure why you continue to do so. Irony is that Arsenal also have a sizeable Jewish fan base as do we and the rags.

With respect, that is not true.

The Y word (I'm guessing that I'm not allowed to use it in full on this forum?) is actually a yiddish term of respect. Context is everything. Does Spurs fans' use of the word have positive or negative intent? Clearly the former. In legal terms, think mens rea.

Your use of the Y word, clearly an anti Semitic word, no matter what context it is used. Even your own club has asked fans not to use it so not sure why you continue to do so. Irony is that Arsenal also have a sizeable Jewish fan base as do we and the rags.
We do have a sizeable Jewish support, I was in the Main Stand at Maine Road back in the 90’s and we were playing the Spuds. One of “ours” stood up and made a reference to Spurs about showers and Belsen. The Police had to get him out for his own safety.

My boss going back to the 70’s was Jewish and a Chelsea fan, he lived in Prestwich and Called himself the Yiddish Blue and made reference to the Yiddish population where he lived. However, at the time Asians were “pakis” even though some were Indians, Bangladeshi, etc, times have changed and the Jewish community find the Yid word unacceptable even though some of them still use it, we have to be tolerant and understanding of their culture and wishes, it’s just not acceptable anymore.

I still call Dipper fans twats though.

With respect, that is not true.

The Y word (I'm guessing that I'm not allowed to use it in full on this forum?) is actually a yiddish term of respect. Context is everything. Does Spurs fans' use of the word have positive or negative intent? Clearly the former. In legal terms, think mens rea.
Not arsed about anything other than you twatting those vile scouse fuckers 1st June.

Spurs fans, having some Jewish in my background myself, I understand why you use the word and that it's not being used an insult (far from it). But you should be aware that Mike Summerbee, for one, is still a total legend in this club and is incidentally Club Ambassador. So it's not a word that goes down well on this forum.

We do have a sizeable Jewish support, I was in the Main Stand at Maine Road back in the 90’s and we were playing the Spuds. One of “ours” stood up and made a reference to Spurs about showers and Belsen. The Police had to get him out for his own safety.

My boss going back to the 70’s was Jewish and a Chelsea fan, he lived in Prestwich and Called himself the Yiddish Blue and made reference to the Yiddish population where he lived. However, at the time Asians were “pakis” even though some were Indians, Bangladeshi, etc, times have changed and the Jewish community find the Yid word unacceptable even though some of them still use it, we have to be tolerant and understanding of their culture and wishes, it’s just not acceptable anymore.

I still call Dipper fans twats though.

Is that because c**ts is blocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.