Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

It means Yaya blowing over the limit because his drink spiked is about as likely to be true as Guardiola driving him out of the squad because he's racist towards African players.

9_E3_C7_E5_D_B40_B_4_F6_C_9558_F06_A79_E46_F28.jpg
Nice stadium that - best in league I would say with the high sides and all in one tier behind the goal stand.

Shame they'll have to sell of their crown jewels to fund it and end up mid table.

The absolute disgrace of a human being that is Hugo Lloris gets a mere 20 month ban and £50k fine for drink driving.

• Having been more than double the legal limit.
  • Having ran a red light.
  • Being unable to stand up.
  • Slurring his speech.
  • As well as vomit being found in his car.

On top of that Spurs are reportedly set to keep him as captain.

Cünts, the lot of them.

But he doesn't shop at Poundland so I feel the need to post it all here as I doubt the details will be covered too intensely by the media.

I don’t know a huge amount about sentencing for driving under the influence offences but I’m not aware of many drivers of any background, status or wealth who have received a custodial sentence for a first offence unless their offence has led to injury, death or extensive damage to property - none of which happened in this instance. Whether or not you think that people who are guilty should receive a custodial sentence is another matter but it seems to me that Lloris received the same punishment as any member of the public would save for a far bigger fine which takes into account his far higher salary.

I don’t know a huge amount about sentencing for driving under the influence offences but I’m not aware of many drivers of any background, status or wealth who have received a custodial sentence for a first offence unless their offence has led to injury, death or extensive damage to property - none of which happened in this instance. Whether or not you think that people who are guilty should receive a custodial sentence is another matter but it seems to me that Lloris received the same punishment as any member of the public would save for a far bigger fine which takes into account his far higher salary.
From DrinkAware;

If a person is found guilty of drink driving they can be fined, banned from driving or even imprisoned. These punishments depend on the seriousness of the offence which according to gov.uk include:

• Being in charge of a vehicle while above the legal limit or unfit through drink. This could result in 3 months’ imprisonment, up to £2500 fine or a possible driving ban.
  • Driving or attempting to drive while above the legal limit or unfit through drink. A person could get 6 months’ imprisonment, an unlimited fine or a driving ban for at least 1 year (3 years if convicted twice in 10 years).
  • Refusing to provide a specimen of breath, blood or urine for analysis. Refusal could lead to 6 months’ imprisonment, an unlimited fine or a ban from driving for at least 1 year.
  • Causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink. This serious offence could result in 14 years’ imprisonment, an unlimited fine, a ban from driving for at least 2 years or an extended driving test before your licence is returned.
So no, you don't have to have caused an injury, death or extensive damage to property to receive a custodial sentence. You don't need to be a repeat offender either. You just need to be well enough off and known to avoid it. Going by the police records Lloris was inconceivably reckless, highly intoxicated and a very lucky man; as were those people on the roads with him.

As for your club keeping his as their captain, horrendous.

From DrinkAware;

So no, you don't have to have caused an injury, death or extensive damage to property to receive a custodial sentence. You don't need to be a repeat offender either. You just need to be well enough off and known to avoid it. Going by the police records Lloris was inconceivably reckless, highly intoxicated and a very lucky man; as were those people on the roads with him.

As for your club keeping his as their captain, horrendous.

I wasn’t talking about what the law says in theory. I was talking about what sentences are generally handed down in practice. Your claim was that Lloris was treated with kid gloves because of who he is. And I’ve seen no evidence to suggest that that is correct.

I wouldn’t for a minute try to excuse Lloris for what he has done or belittle its seriousness. Thankfully, neither would he. He made a bad, stupid and selfish mistake and he knows it and has apologised fully for it. Which is more than can be said for Yaya, who tried to pass the blame off on others. Or Carlos Tevez, who was clocked speeding on several occasions but claimed that he wasn’t driving. As far as I’m aware, neither player received major sanction from City beyond a club fine, perhaps. Was that “horrendous” on City’s part?

I wasn’t talking about what the law says in theory. I was talking about what sentences are generally handed down in practice. Your claim was that Lloris was treated with kid gloves because of who he is. And I’ve seen no evidence to suggest that that is correct.

I wouldn’t for a minute try to excuse Lloris for what he has done or belittle its seriousness. Thankfully, neither would he. He made a bad, stupid and selfish mistake and he knows it and has apologised fully for it. Which is more than can be said for Yaya, who tried to pass the blame off on others. Or Carlos Tevez, who was clocked speeding on several occasions but claimed that he wasn’t driving. As far as I’m aware, neither player received major sanction from City beyond a club fine, perhaps. Was that “horrendous” on City’s part?
Neither were club captain,he should not be anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.