Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always hated Spurs but boy do I want us to give them three thrashings next month!

No doubt they’ll all have games of their lives v us.
They had more than enough chances to beat the dippers which fcuked me off.
I hope the team fist Lloris for that mistake. Unforgivable.
As for Sissoko ballooning it out of the stadium. Shocking.

Wow. I mean I've never doubted spurs ability to bottle things when it comes to crunch time. When fans here were taking them seriously in a title race back when they were only afew points off the top, i never shared that opinion spurs are serious contenders. Only Liverpool would be title rivals. Heck spurs ended up third in a two team title race if you could call that one when Leicester won it.

But this bottling is on another level. Never change spuds

They are not a good side. They were, but the lack of investment has taken it's toll, Pochettino's decisions are backfiring, his blatant overtures towards United and Real Madrid failed and they no longer play the football that made them successful. The fact they have people like Sissokho in important roles is a joke, the defence is shite, Vermaelan has gotten old and Sanchez can't defend against anyone with pace. Trippier is awful, Rose is a shadow of the player he was and the goalkeeper is the 2nd worst in the league for mistakes which lead to goals.

If we beat them 3-0 in all 3 games I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

We are on a very poor run of results, certainly. But we're third in the PL and in the quarter finals of the Champions League. We bossed Liverpool at Anfield in the second half today in a manner which few other teams have done this season. Poor sides don't do that.

Injuries have taken their toll - as have playing "home" games at Wembley and the lack of a summer rest / pre-season preparation for a high proportion of first choice players who played in the World Cup through to its final weekend. And yes, the lack of investment has contributed to the current run too.

Poch made no overtures to Utd or Madrid. If he spoke ambiguously to the press, it was only to put pressure on Levy (and to acknowledge that it is also possible that he could one day be sacked). He is very happy where he is; believes in what Spurs are doing for the long term; and wants to bring silverware to the club.

Vermaelen used to play in north London - for Arsenal. Now plies his trade at Barca. Perhaps you're thinking of Vertonghen (who is certainly not old for a defender and getting better like good wine)? Sanchez is still young for a central defender. He's also as fast as they come - so defending against players with pace is not a problem. Decision making is where he has greatest room for improvement.

Rose has been excellent this season. He has just become injury prone.

Other than all of that, I make you right. You could easily beat Spurs 3-0 in all three games. You're good.

BTW, I fully understand your frustration with the result. I don't want Liverpool winning the league either.

One last thing, can I ask that your team doesn't score an early goal in the quarter final first leg and that they even allow Tottenham to score first? I only ask because, having been to the two test events for the new stadium, I'm very hopeful that the architects have actually cracked it - designing a big, modern stadium that can still help to generate a superb atmosphere. Even when only two thirds full and for the equivalent of a pre-season friendly, the noise was impressive. So I'd prefer that you allow us to enjoy ourselves a bit before raining on our parade.

I'll be interested to hear what you think about the new stadium. Personally - and I know I'm biased - I am blown away by it. Weirdly it feels a lot like the old place. Just a lot bigger and a lot better.

We are on a very poor run of results, certainly. But we're third in the PL and in the quarter finals of the Champions League. We bossed Liverpool at Anfield in the second half today in a manner which few other teams have done this season. Poor sides don't do that.

Injuries have taken their toll - as have playing "home" games at Wembley and the lack of a summer rest / pre-season preparation for a high proportion of first choice players who played in the World Cup through to its final weekend. And yes, the lack of investment has contributed to the current run too.

Poch made no overtures to Utd or Madrid. If he spoke ambiguously to the press, it was only to put pressure on Levy (and to acknowledge that it is also possible that he could one day be sacked). He is very happy where he is; believes in what Spurs are doing for the long term; and wants to bring silverware to the club.

Vermaelen used to play in north London - for Arsenal. Now plies his trade at Barca. Perhaps you're thinking of Vertonghen (who is certainly not old for a defender and getting better like good wine)? Sanchez is still young for a central defender. He's also as fast as they come - so defending against players with pace is not a problem. Decision making is where he has greatest room for improvement.

Rose has been excellent this season. He has just become injury prone.

Other than all of that, I make you right. You could easily beat Spurs 3-0 in all three games. You're good.
Fair post. I think it’s harsh saying spurs bottled it, they played extremely well and Liverpool just seem to have that luck these days. That should have been 1-3 spurs at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.