Spurs (A) - Fri 26th Jan, 20:00 | FA Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but Maddison apparently will be.

Typical. No doubt he’ll bloody score as well.

Don‘t know why we always seem to shit the bed against these, they’re no better than Villa, Newcastle or Brighton yet we seem to freeze against them.

It really is about time we went back to the days of beating these 5-1 (Dzeko 4). Can’t believe that was over ten years ago.

Spuds will have most of their players back and possibly Son if they get knocked out early at AFCON, so expect to face the strongest Spuds team for weeks , also think Pep will go with a decent team after a couple of weeks break , this will be a good game, Spuds new style of play is aggressive/pressing which will leave them vunerable at the back , its about time we scored and won at their new stadium.
Think you mean Asia Cup, not AFCON - plus he's injured (at the Asia Cup).

• I'd rest Walker and Gvardiol if Akanji and Stones are fit enough to replace them.
  • I'd like to see Akanji and Ake as the full backs because I think they can use the ball well and cover CB allowing Stone to move into midfield.
  • I'd prefer Bernardo to Kovacic as Rodri's pal in the center. I think we can do that plus cover while the wide men drive more centrally.
  • I'd prefer to keep KDB on the bench until it's the right time for a cameo. I just think it devastates teams when he arrives. Same with Doku. Same with Haaland. If those 3 can work together as a unit it'll be phenomenal.
  • If we are well up I'd replace Rodri with Kovacic - we need to find a way to not drop performances when he's not on the pitch.
Start:
............Ortega............
Akanji . Dias . Stones . Ake
........Rodri Bernardo......
Bobb .... Foden ...Grealish
........... Alvarez ............

End:
............Ortega............
Akanji . Dias . Stones . Ake
.......Kovacic Bernardo.....
KDB ...... Foden ..... Doku
.......... Haaland ...........

Spuds will have most of their players back and possibly Son if they get knocked out early at AFCON, so expect to face the strongest Spuds team for weeks , also think Pep will go with a decent team after a couple of weeks break , this will be a good game, Spuds new style of play is aggressive/pressing which will leave them vunerable at the back , its about time we scored and won at their new stadium.
At the same time our defence doesnt like to be pressed this season. Son (hope he's not back yet) and Kulusevski gave us all sorts of problems last game. It's set up to be a magnificent game a bit like Newcastle, open at times, and could be a high scoring, hopefully in our favour like the legendary 4-3 cup win.

Don't think that's right mate

Think they could be missing 11 players for various reasons

They have two players at the African cup, Sarr and Bissouma, and one player at the asian cup, Son. Unless there's a shock all three will still be there by the time we play them

Of the other 8 that are injured or ill, I think there's only Kulesevski and Sessegnon who are definitely gonna be available and Maddison and Solomon who are possibles but major doubts

They were decent against Jim'll Fixit's mob but I wouldn't call them outstanding. Maddison is going to be severely lacking in match fitness to make any difference. This is the ideal time to play spursy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.