Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I can’t even see what we’re trying to do to be honest. Sideways, backwards, sideways, invite the pressure, under hit a pass.

Is Pep trying to make a point to the board? If so what is it? Does he want them to sack him? Something doesn’t sit right for me and it’s not results, it’s performances that I’m bothered about. If we come off the pitch losing 1 nil but we’ve had a go that’s all I can ask, but coming off the pitch again today after a gutless, not even half arsed display like that is what pisses me off.

I actually thought we started reasonably well without creating too much and then very momentarily when kev came on. Other than that it was completely shite with the exception of Jack who put in another committed performance.

Players don’t seem happy. They seem to be playing in shackles and it shows. We couldn’t string 2 passes together today and why Rico played left back when Ake has done well there AND when we have 2 centre backs on the bench is baffling. Rodders was badly exposed today in that midfield, he was isolated when we didn’t have the ball and when we did he had one of his poorer games for us.

Haaland is a total passenger unless we serve him. We didn’t.

Last season we seemed to put 4000 balls across the opposition 6 yard line. We’ve stopped doing it. Kev has played some wonderful forward passes to Haaland this season. We’ve stopped doing it. We can break very quickly and decisively and we have bags of pace in the team. We’ve stopped doing it.

I’m convinced the extent of our training sessions is rondo and absolutely nothing else. We don’t defend, we don’t attack. We wait for interceptions or mistakes and then try to score the perfect goal. It’s magic when it works, and it has served us very well, but it isn’t working now and we look incapable of changing it.

We need bollocks now. Big ones. This team/squad and manager have to step up and show some fight.

Then we need a fucking massive clear out in summer. If they don’t want to be here they can fuck off. No exceptions.
When Haaland was scoring regularly early on in the season we were all quite happy with that. Then something changed. Can anyone remember how and why that was? Pep isn't sorting it out especially when we go behind. Is he over thinking tactics again? He just doesn't like the fluidity of Spurs attackers in the transition and has to stifle them. Fear can cause that type of tactic. If we had scored first we would have won that game because they'd have come out to play. But Pep is so conservative he dare not change tactics when losing. Spurs had an easy win in the end .
Got to increase shots on target by a huge amount.

Today was very much Groundhog Day. Spurs away, lots of possession, no end product, well beaten as usual.
Rodri and Walker having their usually games at Spuds, similar to Sterling at Klanfield.
Ederson not saving a shot on target, as usual. “And a brilliant save by Ederson” is a commentary you don’t hear very often.
Rico Lewis looks like he’s in the team to spite some of the others, rather than him contributing anything. He looks an excellent prospect at full back but is in danger of being ruined being asked to play whatever role he’s being asked to play.
Grealish looking better but still not actually providing any end product.
Bernado looking like he really doesn’t want to be here and he’s actually stinking the place out now.
Dias and Laporte will surely be playing a hit by Odyssey and looking for a way out in the summer, particularly if Akanji keeps getting in ahead of them.
Walker playing inside is as pointless as Rico doing it.
Worst of all though, is the tempo we now play at. No urgency, no forward passing, no numbers in the box. Playing a controlling game and winning 1-0 is absolutely fine, as long as you’re controlling games and winning 1-0.

arsenal controlled it mate.. we didn’t threaten them and took makeshift left back to score.. we are boring pass pass pass
First half they started quicker but they didn't have many shots. We kept Saka quiet.

Grealish was our best player to be fair.
Yeah he's played better of late but he didn't really take his man on and didn't create anything that led to any chances today.

I'm pissed off by our performance today but at the moment, I'm still undecided on him because i don't think he makes us better and if we got the chance to upgrade the left wing in the summer, i'd do it.

We didn't struggle in that game. We controlled them.
Come on Ray, you know we didn't. If the goal was to keep the ball and the team who keeps the ball best is the winner then yeah we controlled it, but we never really looked like scoring except for Mahrez. They worried us with their counter attack. Don't for one second think they didn't have us where they wanted. They really did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.