Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Are Laporte and Dias being frozen out, want out, heads not in the right place, not fully fit or not training right, or not trusted to play the system that Pep wants or a combination of some of the above. I'm not convinced they're the immediate answer to our problems, but them sitting on the bench for Akanji and Ake feels so weird.

Then again, it wasn't like either made too many mistakes and Dias and Laporte have both made mistakes against Spurs that have cost us the game.
Its more what we miss when say laporte. Stone particularly and even Dias. have the ball at their feet. Ake, Lewis, Akanji well you can't have those three ALL playing. Creativity hone. Lewis maybe in a few yrs but 18 yr old taking on riskier passes? To me its odd Pep is not trusting Dias or Laporte

Grealish isn't quick enough for the centre of midfield. His first touch is exactly why he gets fouled so often. He's need to play as a ten.

Agreed.

Not sure why people think he's suited for the middle, right now.

He may, in time to come, but he possesses no ability at this point because he checks or doesn't trust himself to make a risky pass. I always see him think twice, carry the ball and just lay it off.

It's frustrating to watch.

I think we can talk about formations/players. To me I dont understand why we dont break with speed. Spurs outnumbered us a few times on the counter. City 'oh wait' let spurs get all 11 behind the ball before we go forward. I simply dont understand that side of our game why allow them to get back into shape ?.
We have Haaland with acres to run into and we just let teams get back into shape.

I can see Haaland fucking off in the summer it must be so frustrating. Or Pep has to turn Haaland into an Aguero or Jesus with lots of tracking back. The way we play at the moment Alvarez is a better fit but not along side Haaland

I don't believe that. I saw no lack of effort or hunger yesterday.

What I saw was a team lacking in direction and a lack of belief in the system they were being asked to play by Pep.

Same lack of belief I had we would win the Champions League final when I saw Pep's team selection.

Pep is second guessing himself, far too preoccupied with what the opposition can do, rather than what we are capable of as a team.

It translates to the lack of risk in our general play, one of absolute control until the final 18 yards, if we can even get there.

We really only have to look at the lack of saves we ask of opposition goalkeepers these days?

It's written all over Pep's face each time the camera loves to cut to him, he's getting no help from his bench.

We have lost at Spurs, Liverpool and United.

It's a mentality problem starting with Pep.

We don't need to hear that Kane is one of the best strikers he has seen in his life, or Liverpool are the most dangerous team he has seen in his life, or United are back to where they belong.

And we certainly don't need to hear him publicly complaining about our fans, Kalvin being overweight, wrong body language in training, Chelsea spending too much money or the four hour journey down to London being exhaustive.

C'mon Pep, you're better than this. Let us die on our feet than live on our knees.

Don't cut your nose to spite your face. This team is at the end of its cycle but we can still have a dream season if you trust the players who have taken us on this wonderful ride of success.

Release the handbrake.
I agree with a lot you say but there are several players simply no longer preforming, Bernardo for one, he is a shadow of a once incredible player.

Haaland for one is looking totally pissed and that is not surprising, I have never seen such a talented player that the whole team is simply not set up to support.

There's nothing strange about it pal. They've all of a sudden got belief and 11 players who give 100% and a manager playing to his strengths. I genuinely think they could win it because PIGMOL will give them the best of chances. Let's face it, we're a shadow of ourselves and Arsenal's young side could blow at any time, so the sickening reality is they could win it. :( God I feel sick.
100% but it hurts me to admit it.

We can't have hotheads in the middle of the park.

The game is more than about 'ability', it's about control.

Going forward is great, but he's nowhere near defensive minded nor sees a pass.

He's ball carrier, though and we have that in Bernardo and he doesn't make a difference.

It needs a change of option and vision for the pass.
Hothead?

How odd.

He was our best defender yesterday.

There's nothing strange about it pal. They've all of a sudden got belief and 11 players who give 100% and a manager playing to his strengths. I genuinely think they could win it because PIGMOL will give them the best of chances. Let's face it, we're a shadow of ourselves and Arsenal's young side could blow at any time, so the sickening reality is they could win it. :( God I feel sick.
Since November they’ve only had 2 hard games

Us which they needed corrupt officiating to win
Arse which they deservedly lost

They must be due a run of trickier games where they can be properly judged

Akanji should be the DM option alongside Rodri.

He's not strong enough as a central defender, certainly in the air, but he is quick enough and certainly has the passing technique to help us higher up.

I would than go Walker, Dias, Laporte and Ake as the back four until Stones is back.

I'd drop Mahrez for Kev wide right, have Walker doing the donkey work foil overlaps.

Gundo in the ten and Phil can decide if he wants to fight it out with Jack on the left for now.

...............Ederson........
Walker...Dias...Laporte...Ake
.........Akanji....Rodri.....
De Bruyne...Gundo....Grealish..
... ............Haaland.........
Jack is too slow and predictable. Can nt score and cannt assist. He need to drop down or played at 10

100% but it hurts me to admit it.
Of course it does. I fucking hate myself for even thinking it, but you just know them fucking weasels are going to get every decision and every bit of luck going forward. They are shite and so 1 dimensional but they are a unit again. :(

Grealish isn't quick enough for the centre of midfield. His first touch is exactly why he gets fouled so often. He's need to play as a ten.
Another odd view.

He was in centre mid when he sailed past Romero who got his second yellow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.