Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Apart from you needing your glasses on or not be pissed so early in the morning, there is a case to made in trying Laporté in DM alongside Rodri for his progressive passing.

If Guardiola is not going to try Perrone against Villa, this would be my experiment.

Akanji should be the DM option alongside Rodri.

He's not strong enough as a central defender, certainly in the air, but he is quick enough and certainly has the passing technique to help us higher up.

I would than go Walker, Dias, Laporte and Ake as the back four until Stones is back.

I'd drop Mahrez for Kev wide right, have Walker doing the donkey work foil overlaps.

Gundo in the ten and Phil can decide if he wants to fight it out with Jack on the left for now.

...............Ederson........
Walker...Dias...Laporte...Ake
.........Akanji....Rodri.....
De Bruyne...Gundo....Grealish..
... ............Haaland.........

Same I just didnt understand or know what our set up was. We look like 11 lads who have just met on a piss up weekend having a kick around. We are getting easy to play against, full backs now both our wingers will cut inside and not take them on. City wont play a quick over the top ball.

The speed at which spurs got back into their bus was so quick but we allow to to do because our build up play is so slow.

I have no idea what's going on !

Haaland must be getting so pissed off.

Time to give a Lewis a rest and get him working on his body strength. I cant remember the last time I saw many of our players getting knocked of the ball. Like kids v dads. No one seems to be able to ride a challenge. We seem very weak and lightweight with no Kompany, Yaya, Aguero, Silva, Zabba, Fernandinho etc. To days team gets knocked of the ball so easily. Only Haaland and Foden seem strong enough.
I think the getting knocked off the ball is simply players that are not giving their all, players who have lost hunger.

People overate league form and how it translates to CL.

Totally different.
Of course two completely different comps..but i don't think you can just switch up form automatically.You may get lucky like tge dippers..somehow scrapping through but its pretty rare.you generally need to start seeing patterns of play. Even Real when struggling in Liga but good in CL started to win a vouple pre CL knockout stage

He's not strong enough as a central defender, certainly in the air, but he is quick enough and certainly has the passing technique to help us higher up.

I would than go Walker, Dias, Laporte and Ake as the back four until Stones is back.

I'd drop Mahrez for Kev wide right, have Walker doing the donkey work foil overlaps.

Gundo in the ten and Phil can decide if he wants to fight it out with Jack on the left for now.

Swop Akanji for Grealish and I agree.

Grealish has to be central, he simply is not creating anything out wide.

He winds players up, something we lack, and when he is involved and fired up he is a much better player.

Not sure about that, by all accounts Boehly probably wanted his own man and Tuchel seemed mentally checked out as soon as Boehly and the gang came in and started making their changes so the sacking probably were a product of the circumstances and not a deep lying problem with his character. We also have to consider the fact that Boehly may well be mental

There were rumours about his marriage falling apart at the end of his Chelsea stint but I'm not sure how relevant that would be in terms of him doing a good job now.

Anyway, behind Pep and Klopp he is by far the safest bet in terms of modern progressive managers, and his CL pedigree is very impressive. If we want the CL and Pep decides he has to go, Tuchel is the man we go for.

Second best candidate for me is Nagelsmann, despite not setting the world alight at Bayern, his man-management and cutting-edge tactical ideas makes him an interesting prospect. Think Bayern is the wrong club for him but City may well be the right one.

I'd also monitor Kompany and De Zerbi but they need to prove a lot more for a lot longer.

If we ever needed someone short-term I'd love another tenure with Bobby Manc but won't happen.

Anyway, I'd give Pep the Keys for the rebuild simple because he is the greatest, but it is becoming crystal clear the majority of the squad isn't responding and I have to say even though I have tried to supress it, I've been growing really bored by our system lately and I don't see that changing any time soon. If Pep risk alienating potential superstars like Foden and Haaland we might very well be forced to cut ties with Pep anyway
Good post. Poch or Luis Enrique not on your list of candidates?

Interesting, but I'd change that a little

Walker...Stones/Dias...Akanji/Laporte...Ake
.........Stones/ Laporte....Rodri.....
Alvarez...De Bruyne/ Gundogan....Grealish..

I don't feel Akanji has the passing range or ability for tight spaces in the middle and, maybe, not mobile enough, whereas Stones or Laporte, do have those qualities as well as the defensive game reading side.

Both de Bruyne and Gundogan have the surprise element for the the clever/ slide rule pass for the striker or the snapshot.

What IS super clear is Rodri can't carry the mid by himself, which he does when Bernardo (as much as I love the kid) plays.

Swop Akanji for Grealish and I agree.

Grealish has to be central, he simply is not creating anything out wide.

He winds players up, something we lack, and when he is involved and fired up he is a much better player.

We can't have hotheads in the middle of the park.

The game is more than about 'ability', it's about control.

Going forward is great, but he's nowhere near defensive minded nor sees a pass.

He's ball carrier, though and we have that in Bernardo and he doesn't make a difference.

It needs a change of option and vision for the pass.

"I am over the result already."

The result maybe, but that performance stunk.

Arsenal suffered a huge loss on Saturday and we put in a performance like that, Arteta and Tent Peg must be pissing themselves.

And our utter cluster fuck attitude could amazingly hand the title to the rags, stranger things have happened.
There's nothing strange about it pal. They've all of a sudden got belief and 11 players who give 100% and a manager playing to his strengths. I genuinely think they could win it because PIGMOL will give them the best of chances. Let's face it, we're a shadow of ourselves and Arsenal's young side could blow at any time, so the sickening reality is they could win it. :( God I feel sick.

I think the getting knocked off the ball is simply players that are not giving their all, players who have lost hunger.

I don't believe that. I saw no lack of effort or hunger yesterday.

What I saw was a team lacking in direction and a lack of belief in the system they were being asked to play by Pep.

Same lack of belief I had we would win the Champions League final when I saw Pep's team selection.

Pep is second guessing himself, far too preoccupied with what the opposition can do, rather than what we are capable of as a team.

It translates to the lack of risk in our general play, one of absolute control until the final 18 yards, if we can even get there.

We really only have to look at the lack of saves we ask of opposition goalkeepers these days?

It's written all over Pep's face each time the camera loves to cut to him, he's getting no help from his bench.

We have lost at Spurs, Liverpool and United.

It's a mentality problem starting with Pep.

We don't need to hear that Kane is one of the best strikers he has seen in his life, or Liverpool are the most dangerous team he has seen in his life, or United are back to where they belong.

And we certainly don't need to hear him publicly complaining about our fans, Kalvin being overweight, wrong body language in training, Chelsea spending too much money or the four hour journey down to London being exhaustive.

C'mon Pep, you're better than this. Let us die on our feet than live on our knees.

Don't cut your nose to spite your face. This team is at the end of its cycle but we can still have a dream season if you trust the players who have taken us on this wonderful ride of success.

Release the handbrake.

We can't have hotheads in the middle of the park.

The game is more than about 'ability', it's about control.

Going forward is great, but he's nowhere near defensive minded nor sees a pass.

He's ball carrier, though and we have that in Bernardo and he doesn't make a difference.

It needs a change of option and vision for the pass.

Grealish isn't quick enough for the centre of midfield. His first touch is exactly why he gets fouled so often. He's need to play as a ten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.