Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

This season is all on Pep for me. As much of a genius as he is, I think he's got it wrong.

Pep is that obsessed with control and domination of the ball that he's completely changed his tactics to try and make up for Haaland's deficiencies. His lack of touches, his lack of build up play etc.

He's playing players out wide that keep the ball well and play safe. He's playing full backs that keep the ball well and come inside and act as the spare man and play too safe.

We have lost our dynamism on the wing. We have lost our dynamism in the full back areas. We have so many players coming inside and operating in the same areas.

Everything is becoming too predictable, Haaland is making run after run and City aren't playing to his strengths. It's all too safe, it's all too one paced.

We need to sort this out otherwise we will finish below United this season.

Dreading Arsenal in a few weeks if we don't get our act in gear IMMEDIATELY.

Arsenal play the same team nearly every game. Every single player knows their job. They have dynamism out wide, they force the opposition back because they are coming at them from all angles. They are playing a similar way to how we played in 17/18 season with Sane and Sterling on the wings and Odegaard acting as their David Silva pulling the strings in the middle of the park.

I don't see us winning the league this season unless we change massively. I just don't see us changing much either.

Big summer transfer window needed.

Not sure a transfer window will solve it. Our recruitment in general since the Barca twins arrived has been shocking. Letting Zin and Jesus go and then getting probably the slowest player in the league in Phillips just capped off our ineptitude. Now Cancelo has gone, Bernie has lost interest, Foden (unknown problems) leaves just De Bruyne as our only creative player. I'd take Merlin back now and it would improve the team no end.

They do everything to please Pep, which also includes giving him the type of players he wants to play a certain way, regardless of name.

We are making stupid mistakes in the market, trying to replace legends.

£100m on Jack, £42m on Ake, £42m on Phillips, £16m on Akanji.

£200m on players who we either didn't need or wouldn't exactly miss if we had kept the money in the bank.

The problem is the first cycle under Pep still included Silva, Fern, Vinny, Sergio.

This next evolution is looking to players who are far removed from that talent and mindset.

And the ones who might have it in De Bruyne and Gundo are past their peaks.

I am more fearful that we can't evolve again with Pep at the helm, simply because he is wedded to a philosophy which may have also come to the end of its cycle.

Pep should have got himself a strong assistant in the summer, rather than a bunch of yes men.
This is the crux of it.

We’ve all marvelled at how the likes of United and Chelsea have managed to spend huge amounts on players over the last few years and somehow get worse. Unfortunately, we are now doing the same. We are consistently replacing players, with others that are nowhere their level and the end result is an inevitability.

If someone had said at the start of the season that our 1st choice CBs would be our 4th and 5th best CBs and we would be doing so OUT OF CHOICE, I’d have said they were on glue. Yet here we are.

We’ve gone from Sane to Sterling, to Foden and to Grealish. Whatever your thoughts on Grealish, nobody can suggest we have moved forward wide left.

The only position we can say we have improved is up front and we have decided not to pass to him.

It might be unconscious bias, but it exists. You only need to know that our fouls in the first half were "cynical" and their fouls were "tactical".

I will take your point but I didn’t hear it , but some City fans are fucking paranoid must have smoked better weed than me to make them feel this/that way .

Utterrly bizarre that we sign the most lethal striker of his generation and then slow play down to snail pace and go from creating 20+ chances a game to none. The problem is the midfield.
because the midfielders are lazy and afraid of pressing with energy and going after the ball once lost. they simply prefer to keep the ball and spend less energy.

The foden business is bizarre, he traveled with the squad but is still unwell ? I don’t call in work sick and sit in the car park for 8 hrs . Clearly he’s stepped out of peps line and serving his penance. Something very odd.
Odd side selection from the off . Odd tatics followed.
Strange times .Anyway as always up the blues.
Maybe if you went away on business staying overnight and during the night you were ill?

It’s so frustrating Just because we are so spoiled we are not allowed one season where we don’t win the league but this season is so much a transitional season with so much going on Haaland up top is new plus players who want out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.