Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

Frustrating today but I think we play 15 yards to far forward, we play some fantastic football but run out of pitch all to often.
Not only spuds but most teams have defenders playing so deep it is easier to block or spoil with the game in front of them.
One of the reasons why our defence have a problem is they are defending often in a foot race towards our goal from halfway.
If we dropped back 15 yards it also gives the forwards a chance to get in behind their defence who are defending running backwards, KDB would have a field day giving passes to run on to.
Not sure if I explained my point but it gives space for our forwards and less pressure on the defence ( not specifically based on today but general).

It's quite simple, Pep has to drop players who are not performing. Garcia and Foden must get more game time for a start. Jesus as a left winger too.
Pep doesn't drop players, so the players think they can keep serving up shite.

am puzzled ?????
just watched the after match interview by pep and either pep is a great bluffer or on drugs ?? plus you should not or don't want to play him at cards for money ??

he must be eating up inside and blood boiling and raving mad after today, that is the worst sloppy finishing i have seen in a long time, YES you can point to the chances we made but the truth is did we really make there keeper work and make world class save after save ??? that is the puzzle, yes we looked good on the eye but so so sloppy upfront toothless,

even to a point aguero missed a golden chance that he would score in his sleep ? he even did not make the keeper save it just shot wide from 2 feet out and the keeper on the deck ???? and how on earth does anybody take the pens of aguero any half decent striker would never let anybody take the ball off him even if you have messed a couple you know your time will come and score again and again from the spot

look you can keep papering over the cracks and say we played well but unlucky ? football is not about playing nice and passing it around and keeping the ball, its about the ball in the net take your chances and score more than the other team and win the 3 points its a simple game

Last part is exactly what Pep said though.

Do you want him to say in public our players are shitting themselves in front of goal as they are afraid to fail?
Should he say we want to hire 20 mental coaches and sports psychologists to talk up self confidence, as that alone seems to be the point?
Media would say thanks.

Same as weds.
There’s a pattern.

Anyway,
Pep loves a challenge.
We have resource.
Don’t worry about longer term, the guys at the top will have planned contingency that doesn’t rely upon us winning everything all the time...even life after Pep.
There will be ups and downs, and this year may be one of those slight downs in the league side at least. But we’re still very much in the other 3 comps...
And there is still the summer...

Good post , look at the overall picture , Pep will see out his contract and he has a good relationship with Soriano and will no doubt have input into his successor , plenty of funds available for the right quality players , its a long term project , this season we could finish with two trophies and cosider it a blip. Annoying when we lose games like today when we simply didnt deserve to , but we have had a few like that onwards and upwards.

It's quite simple, Pep has to drop players who are not performing. Garcia and Foden must get more game time for a start. Jesus as a left winger too.
Pep doesn't drop players, so the players think they can keep serving up shite.
the thing is, he does for some. but theres some guys on the team he deems undroppable which is absolutely baffling given current form.

Last part is exactly what Pep said though.

Do you want him to say in public our players are shitting themselves in front of goal as they are afraid to fail?
Should he say we want to hire 20 mental coaches and sports psychologists to talk up self confidence, as that alone seems to be the point?
Media would say thanks.

saying something and meaning something else normally your body language gives it away ?? face is a bit red, your looking down at your feet, never smiling ? and your hands are never still, fuck me pep was like he was at a different game to the one i was watching, maybe somebody slipped him a mickey finn in his water or like i said a very good bluffer

Haven't a clue what's going on. Just got back to the hotel, it's ten o'clock players no doubt home all tucked up so thanks for not acknowledging the fans like myself who spent a fortune going today. Only 4 came over piss poor lads.

Haven't a clue what's going on. Just got back to the hotel, it's ten o'clock players no doubt home all tucked up so thanks for not acknowledging the fans like myself who spent a fortune going today. Only 4 came over piss poor lads.
People always comment about that. That's meaningless for me. Only thing I want the players to do is put it in their net, or keep it out of ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.