Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Same old of last season. Hardly creating anything. Teams happily let us have the ball. We don’t worry them one bit.
We are out of the race to win the league. I can easily state this at this moment of time.

Same old, same old
A team defends really well, getting men behind the ball allowing us possession and then they kill us on the break
We play against it week in week out, yet we still cannot find our way through it

To beat teams like this we need clever fullbacks who make overlapping runs behind at the right times. Zabba was brilliant at this. Walker hasn't the intelligence to do it and Cancello is on the wrong side

Every team is getting change from us by playing this way. It is over. We have been found out.

I appreciate that I'm wandering dangerously into ridiculous hyperbole territory here but that genuinely had 'watching City under Pearce' vibes tonight. And by that I mean that for long periods of the match I didn't even bother watching. It was on but it was obvious that we weren't going to score tonight if we'd have played till midnight.

Spurs had a plan & executed it. Mike Dean played his part.

To be fair they defended really well. Kane & Son are lethal too if you give them a sniff.

I think we played well first half, if the goal wasn't disallowed it's a different game.

Second half we were poor though. Ederson didn't do well for either goal. Not sure what Mahrez needs to do to get dropped, Bernardo poor also. The biggest flaw with Pep for me is that he doesn't seem very pragmatic, it'd like he thinks that his way is correct and doesn't need changing even if things are not working. To wait until after 70 mins to make any changes is almost criminal, having said that the subs did nothing when they came on, so perhaps that's why he was reluctant to change it.
It’s his way or the highway.. Being an autocrat is fine when you are winning but a lonely place when you’re not.. I doubt he cares though which is pretty worrying

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.