Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

You think Spurs play like that in every game ? Of course they don't. They're a free scoring team with a wealth of attacking talent. They've scored 11 (ELEVEN) more league goals having played one more game than us. Yesterday Mourinho adapted his tactics, as all good coaches, do and they totally nullified us. Us gifting them the first goal was a disaster and I never saw us coming back after that.
Spurs top of the league and 3 points yesterday, if sometimes you need to park the bus, park the bus .

VAR is suposed to be for clear and obvious errors. Dean didnt notice it first time round and then had to watch it 4 times in slo mo to decide it was hand ball. Joke decksion.

But why wasnt the handball by the spurs defender looked at ? If I remember it sort of rolled along his arm so why no penalty ? Why so little said about it in commentary ? Why didnt VAR look at it ?. Yet utd get there normal penalty which is taken again and again and again until they score !!!

PEP needs to start playing his own game rather than worrying how the other team are going to play.
I don’t think Pep’s worried in the slightest how the opposition are going to play and that’s the problem. We know how they’re going to play before we go out there; sit deep, soak up pressure and attack on the break.

By now I’d have expected a more pragmatic approach of sitting a bit deeper, to encourage the opponent out and hitting on the break ourselves. There’s no surprise, even half decent teams are going to give us problems if we persist.

I don’t think Pep’s worried in the slightest how the opposition are going to play and that’s the problem. We know how they’re going to play before we go out there; sit deep, soak up pressure and attack on the break.

By now I’d have expected a more pragmatic approach of sitting a bit deeper, to encourage the opponent out and hitting on the break ourselves. There’s no surprise, even half decent teams are going to give us problems if we persist.

At last the elephant in the room

Time to stop playing the inverted wide men crap. Sick to death of seeing us get the ball wide and keep cutting into trouble when teams pack out the middle. Open up the pitch and create gaps ffs

Yet again when Pep makes substitutions it has zero impact on the game.
They are usually about 20 minutes later than they should have been. If someone is having a stinker, get them the fuck off. Sadly, although the bench looks good 'on paper', it's just not happening when they get on the pitch.

At last the elephant in the room
The only other way is to get technical players like Spanish Dave in there to unlock these packed defences, but we don’t have one of those at the moment. If we’re going to continue banging our heads against the wall till Messi gets here, we’ll get similar results.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.