Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Well said. No other team has to face the parked bus formation week after week. We need a genius goal scorer to make the most of the chances. Beginning to think maybe Messi would be a good player in this team as pace is not required other than in the press. We would have to make up for that in other ways.
a player like Messi would scare the shit out of teams ! but i still think if Messi didnt score for a few games but City won people would moan about Messi. But what Messi would do is he would be marked by 3 or 4 players which would free up more space for other players ;)

I’d be very surprised if the don’t do the same against Liverpool. I agree it‘s hard to use pace when teams are sat deep but this isn’t a new thing. Teams were attempting the same against us 3 years ago. Watch Bayern Munich and every team they face at homes does the same and in Spain against Barca. Pep used to talk about stretching the pitch to create one on one’s and keeping the width. It is now very easy to double mark us as our play is so bloody narrow. He talked about needing to play with width against Marseille and had Sterling on the right (also Watford away at the end of last season where we were very good) but then the next game it’s back to cut inside recycle possession and repeat for 90 minutes.
agree much prefer to see wingers on their correct winger and not cutting back every time. City looked great with Sane on the left Sterling on the right

agree to a point but i think the sideways all the time is due to City always seem to be maked by 2 or 3 players, teams double on Raz for example. its difficult to use pace when there isnt much room to work with. Liverpools front 3 have room to run into because teams dont play deep against them.

It will be interesting if spurs set up 6-5 against liverpool

Liverpool have more than one way of playing. We don’t. That’s the problem. Pep needs to solve the problem very quickly and if he decides not to then we are going to have a shit season.

Well that was depressing. Our best performing players on international duty come back and can't spark, and fresh from doing an impression of a lump of lard for England, Eric Dier cones back to his club and can suddenly remember how to tackle.

To put the icing on the cake is that cheating lot over the road being handed the game by the pools panel seemingly before kick off. Again.

Now we're somehow below the worst united team I have ever seen in my four decades. Spurs first goal was a sucker punch but one we seem to never learn on, and then in the second half we were very poor, chased the game and lost control. Concentration and consistency is a big problem for us.

Olympiakos and Burnley, should be filling our boots against both of them. Porto unimportant other than for consistency but then we spank Fulham. Anything less then I'd be very concerned.

Challenge is there for pep now. Reinvent and reinvigorate us. Make it so the season doesn't actually feel like a waste.

Without wanting to put fault on the officials yesterday as we were poor enough anyway, but why no handball when the ball rolled down the Spurs players arm to his hand, and why does kane repeatedly get away with two footed off the ground lunges?

I think debruyne is good but overated, he

Taking the first game out of the equation we have scored 7 goals in 7! That is a scary stat considering players at our disposal! Relegation form! Kdb aguero sterling etc...what is going so badly wrong?

KDB has always been overrated. He's a good player, has a good cross and pass but doesn't influence a team like yaya or D.SIlva did. He always looks over-stretched in his work. Silva had that cold efficiency even in the tightest of spaces and unlike Gundo, always looked to be offensive not simply the square pass
What is going so badly wrong is thinking Kev is overrated.

FFS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.