Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Funnily enough I was thinking exactly the same myself earlier! Nobody would be expecting it and surely it would catch the opposition off-guard.
Park the bus and use Kev to transition the ball up to our pacey forwards; bit like what Spurs do with Kane and Son.
Seems every time we are hit on the break, we concede. Therefore, playing high up the putch is our problem. Unfortunately though, we never learn!
We aren't fast enough to counter anymore

If you think people are reacting to one defeat in one season only then sorry you are the very definition of a happy clapper, if I looked up happy clapper in the dictionary I would expect to see a picture of you smiling with your thumbs up:-)
‘at the moment’ FFS. 18 months of this nonsense now with no apparent end in sight.
Eight games in, dropped points in five of them, scored 10 goals, a minus goal difference.
One of the worst title defences in history last season. Out of the FA Cup and Champions league in a precisely identical manner to tonight. And Leicester.
But yeah, this is all a knee jerk reaction

Whats a worry is that Pep actually thinks we're not far off. As if a few more side passes or step overs from Mahrez would have been been the difference.

Its clear he has no clue how to deal with a packed defence and counter attack. He doesn't anticipate it nor change things mid match to counter it.

He has one way of playing and that's it.

If we are as bad as you say then why bother extending Pep's contract. Sure we aren't playing well but to say that we are beyond poor is taking the piss.
We may be two bad results away from a crisis but we are also only two good results from being right back in the mix.
It's taking the piss thinking this season will magically turn around. 18 months we,ve been like this. No sign it will dramatically improve, that is the reality.

Given that its his job to stop attempts on goal I'd say he did little more than you or I could have offered in defending the goal.
Wow, first you say Hart would have done a better job & now you say you say Ederson is on a par with you & me.

‘at the moment’ FFS. 18 months of this nonsense now with no apparent end in sight.
Eight games in, dropped points in five of them, scored 10 goals, a minus goal difference.
One of the worst title defences in history last season. Out of the FA Cup and Champions league in a precisely identical manner to tonight. And Leicester.
But yeah, this is all a knee jerk reaction
Anyone in their right mind can see a big decline in this side over the last season and the start of this one, but some people prefer to turn a blind eye to it and think everything is rosy in the City garden mate

Sure.. Is he a game changer ? NO
Is he ready to take up Agüero's role? NO.
is he ready to be a winger? NO.
What do we do with him? Backup? Well yes but times up. We might try someone new.
Jesus has been the only positive for me in the last few games, I wouldn't even think about selling him. Jesus doesn't get the credit he deserves imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.