Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

The worry today was that there was little response from the players to his new contract extension, not a good sign at all

The thing is when it was working everybody bought into it because they could see the results and success. Now we've been sussed a bit and it's not working doubts set in. He can scream and shout as much as he likes on the training ground but deep down they'll be thinking, " Yeah of course you're right mate, well it didn't work when Leicester hammered us or when.a poor Tottenham .beat us. Or when West Ham and Leeds held us." They will think like the fans are thinking you can bet on that, that we've been sussed and the tactics aren't working. Now he either wins them around quickly and things change, or it's a slippery slope from here.

Think people underestimate the impact of your mum dying when they chat shit about Pep looking disinterested. No shit he looks disinterested in his job. Because we aren’t cunts we’ll stick by him, and maybe if players like Sterling and Mahrez stopped playing like it’s a friendly kick about and started burying the 10 piss easy chances they have a game we might actually start winning. Never seen a team miss so many easy, yes easy, opportunities. He’s gone from having: Henry Messi Eto’o and Villa and then Robben Lewendowski Ribery - Pep’s always said his job is to get the players to the final third and then to let them shine but the caliber of our wingers in particular is piss poor and it doesn’t help that we have shit left back options who provide zero attacking threat.

Some of our fans are right cunts.

If 11 top premier league players decide to sit behind the ball you need a Silva KDB Sane Sterling and Aguero all firing to break them down
Peps way only works with BRILLIANT players
Let’s hope we can find some
How can Spurs fans be happy with their team parking the bus and having four shots. Spurs are an ultra wealthy club, but they play in the style of a Burnley with better players. We rarely played like that in the dark days.

Funnily enough I was thinking exactly the same myself earlier! Nobody would be expecting it and surely it would catch the opposition off-guard.
Park the bus and use Kev to transition the ball up to our pacey forwards; bit like what Spurs do with Kane and Son.
Seems every time we are hit on the break, we concede. Therefore, playing high up the putch is our problem. Unfortunately though, we never learn!

we wouldn’t even need to do that. Just playing the line 10 yards further back and force the play to the middle of the park like we did at Anfield 2 seasons ago would suffice. That is our problem. Force it into an even midfield battle and we win nine times out of ten imo. Just a tad more caution will ironically create more ‘clear cut’ attempts.

Cannot believe how self entitled some fans are on here. Sure we aren't playing well at the moment but there are reasons for this, lack of pre season, injuries to key players, new players, loss of form and confidence.
There is too much knee jerk reaction when we lose a games, get rid of x,y and z; Pep must go etc.
I am not being a happy clapper as I can see things aren't perfect but let's not over react to one frustrating defeat after eight games into the season.
If people like you were made to manage our club, we would get relegated considering you are the absolute definition of a happy clapper and would just not bother with things that are wrong now with our team. Come to think of it, this is how the trumpers behave too.

Jesus has been the only positive for me in the last few games, I wouldn't even think about selling him. Jesus doesn't get the credit he deserves imo.

His workrate is second to none.

His finishing isn't.

Had the heading chance but hit it right at the keeper. Aguero scored goals in big moments in big games.

‘at the moment’ FFS. 18 months of this nonsense now with no apparent end in sight.
Eight games in, dropped points in five of them, scored 10 goals, a minus goal difference.
One of the worst title defences in history last season. Out of the FA Cup and Champions league in a precisely identical manner to tonight. And Leicester.
But yeah, this is all a knee jerk reaction

They say it after every bad performance there is a list but I can’t remember them all

It’s only one game
Hindsight
Peps a genius
Var
We used to be really shit
Big Sam is available
We will click soon
Get behind the team ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.