Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

People are calling a spade a spade. We are 10th, soon to be 11th, on merit. It’s not surprising people aren’t happy with that and that they might question the manager. Any other manager would be under serious pressure right now. You also have to remember it isn’t just this season. It’s over a year now that we’ve been nowhere near good enough.

We are still early in the season, we won't be 10th or 11th in a few weeks. Everyone calm down, it is been a funny year, we are in transition, retooling to dominate the league again. Keep faith!

His right arm was moving towards the ball inviting a handball call even if it missed his bicep by a mm.
He was trying to get his shoulder to it, he even stooped down to lower his shoulder. So it clearly wasn't intentional, it was a reflex reaction and it is important if it hit the knee first(it did). Or has that changed too now?

It's not the worst decision, I'm not outraged by that one at all but I'm looking at it from the point of: If you reversed the roles there and Spurs equalised with the exact same goal, what happens? I'm not just saying this, I fully believe they would find a way to allow it, by saying it hit his knee first and it hit him on the sleeve of the arm unintentionally. Sky explain it away and the game moves on at 1-1.

one of the problems this season is we aren't having any time to do much training..
Pep's fault that, all that money and he can't freeze time.

That's was most people are missing, neither manager had much time to prepare for this game and everyone is obsessing over the managers and tactics. Team selection and substitutions is fair enough criticism but this was a perfect opportunity to see which team wanted it more for me and I think we got the answer.

We didnt even lose to a good Spurs or Mourinho team today , they just defended their penalty area with their lives ,it was obvious before the game what they would do and Pep didnt have the answers.
Mourinho must be pissing himself with those three points , did Lloris even make a save ?

Absolute crap. Same old same old every fucking game. Loads of pointless possession with no end result. Every team manages to outwit us these days. Our manager has been found out. But hey, let’s give the useless arrogant tosser a new two year contract. If any of us were so poor at our daily jobs we’d be sacked. Rodri is supposed to be Ferna’s replacement, but Ferna at his age now would do a far better job than him. Everyone knows that Kane now drops into that hole, so why wasn’t Rodri sat on him instead of being a further 20yds up the field? Especially when he runs through porridge to get back. Ferna would never let that happen. So why isn’t the manager telling him to sit in his defensive midfield role and let nothing pass him? We are now a very boring predictable team. No one fears us anymore. Will Pep change that? I don’t think so.

Jeez there are some entitled people on this thread. Ok it ain’t great just now but there is still time. And let’s face it, it’s an odd season and one for us that is one of rebuilding. We have been a total fantasy team over the last few years. Formidables, quadruple and brilliant team to watch. Absolute dreamland. I remember when dunninho was our player of the season four on the trot as the rest were just abject. Can we just calm down a bit!
we have a negative goal difference and are in the bottom half after a quarter of the season in. We can’t score and can’t defend. All criticism is hugely justified. We are an elite team nowadays and any elite team performing as we are should be hung out to dry.

We are dreadful at the moment and calling out people for acknowledging this is small time. We aren’t small time anymore.. well not supposed to be anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.